chapter twenty-one

it's been a good month and once again marías dad has came home from work for a few days, but instead of being in his usual angry mood he's smiling, abnormally wide, which creeped maría and the rest of her family out.

"ew dad why are u smiling" lucia wondered, also creeped out, mateo put down his newspaper and began to explain himself, "well i was thinking, maría, i know this guy and his son is a really good looking boy and has a little crush on u so i think-" mateo started before he was cut off, "no dad, i'm not going" maría spat, "i'm sorry to tell u dear, but u have no choice" her dad evilly smiled, "what the fuck how?" she wondered, as her dad kept that grin on his face not giving her an answer, looking at his newspaper again.

santiago and lucia looking at each other then back at mateo and maría.

mateo put his newspaper down once again, noticing the creeped out stares from his family members, "i promised him! u can't give me a bad look now can u? you've already done enough to make our family look bad" her dad argued, "alright mateo that's enough love" sofia tried calming down the tension but he'd already pissed off maría too much already.

"i'm not fucking going and that's final" maría stomped off, "get ready for 6pm maría, ur going, if ur not ready ur being dragged out in whatever ur wearing" mateo rolled his eyes, as maría stormed up the stairs, slamming her door so her dad could hear her anger.

(id be murdered and in a casket if i slammed my door).

"i just don't understand why she can't be happy, i got her a date! and i actually approve of this guy" he mumbled, meanwhile sofia, santiago and lucia all looked at each other, "well about that" sofia started, "don't tell me she's with one of the freaks who live nearby? hm? or she'll be dead, so will whatever horny desperate freak she seduced" mateo spat, silencing all three of them.

(were they silent or were they silenced teehee).

***

its been 2 hours since their interaction and maría was dreading it, she knew her dad would literally kick her out the house even if she was only just in a towel with wet hair, which she was now ranting to keira about it on the phone, not willing to tell bill; just yet.

"and so he was all like 'u have no choice!!!' and i was all like 'u can't make me!' but he was like 'i'll throw u out whether u like it or not' and then i overheard mi mamá being like 'well um' and he was like 'if she's going out with one of the freakshow's that live nearby she's dead and so is he' so i dunno what to do" maría finished her rant, "well are u gonna tell tom?" keira asked, "no! i can't even tell bill, i'll go to the so-called 'date', reject him then my life will be normal again" maría explained her plan.

"okay..i'm unsure but i'll support u and i'll defend u if tom gets the wrong idea" keira giggled, "thank u girl u really are sent from heaven" maría jokingly prayed.

"well u, miss girl, better get ready for ur 'date' that's in a few hours babes, just wear something simple to turn him off" keira maliciously cackled, "i'll wear toms clothes" maría joked, "kidding i'm wearing just a plain white dress id wear somewhere normal like the mall" she giggled, "no u honestly should wear toms clothes" keira giggled, "in all seriousness, the dress? that's perf, send me a picture on messenger when ur done!! bye girl loves uuu" keira said, "loves uuuu" maría replied, making kissy sounds before she slowly but surely got ready for this stupid 'date'.

***

"MARÍA! HURRY UP HES HERE!" mateo, marías dad excitedly exclaimed, weirding out maría as she made her way downstairs in the most turn off type of outfit ever known to man, it covered her chest area and she didn't wear her usual high heels just some ugly wedges, she didn't feel herself at all but it's just for a few hours right?