chapter thirteen

somehow since that night both tom and maría remembered, but it's been unspoken since they're too embarrassed to repeat anything that was said, especially tom.

the summer holidays have passed and it's back to school for them all, they're all dreading it but what can they do?

luckily, 'tokio hotel', their band have been getting more recognition and have had a lot more gigs than usual, some would say it's doubled which they're all extremely pleased about.

maría and keira have been hanging out even more than they already did which some thought was impossible, but anyway, it was a friday night and keira and maría were having a sleepover at marías which they were cuddling and watching some commentary video on keira's phone about some weirdo called 'tophiachu' and why she's controversial.

they were giggling away watching it but marías phone kept pinging every now and again, the pinging noise rattling their brains, the annoyance slowly building up in both of them until keira paused the video and turned to a now visibly annoyed maría.

"girl just see who keeps texting u it's annoying i wanna laugh at this 'tophia' gal" keira rolled her eyes, "ugh fine it's annoying me too" maría responds, grabbing her phone to see the notifications she's been ignoring.

"oh fuck that's the time already?" she exclaimed, just before seeing the notifications she realised it's midnight but simply shrugs it off and looks at the noises coming from her phone.

*5 missed calls from tom*
*9 texts from tom*
*3 texts from bill*
*2 missed calls from georg*

"oh my fucking god what do they want now" maría giggled, knowing they all went out clubbing for a 'boys night' which made both her and keira cringe but shrugged it off as they wanted to spend some time together anyway away from the boys.

the first person she decided to respond to was the man who left the most notifications; tom.

maría opened messages on her flip phone to be greeted with drunk texts from tom, things like, 'maríad i muss y', 'im sorty', 'marya donh ber mad', etc etc, just confusing maría even more, which she then looks at bills messages, clear he was either worse or just blackout, 'marajgs herlo', 'tomsd af dik', 'a girle jusd kissfd me', which simply just made her laugh but the same recurring theme was going on.

"why is tom apologising and why is bill calling his brother a dick?" maría thought out loud, "huh" keira said facing away from her phone which she was still watching that video, "oh sorry i didn't know i was thinking out loud but tom and bill keep mentioning something tom 'did'," maría explained, "well then call them, no?" keira suggested, which maría nodded until her mum suddenly called them.

"MARÍA BEBÉ, COME DOWNSTAIRS POR FAVOR", "SI MAMÁ, ILL BE DOWN SOON" maría responded, "it's a bit late for u to be calling us down" maría asked.

"si, i know but isn't that ur friend? no?" her mum sofia stated, pointing to the tv which she was watching drama news.

marías heart dropped to see tom openly making out with a random girl and treating her the way he treats maría.

she knew fine well they had something going on, but why is she so hurt? it's not like they're going out or anything, as she kept repeating that in her head, 'we aren't together, we aren't together, we aren't together' the salty fluids began to surround her eyes as she had to walk away back up to her room, "buenas noches mamá" she sniffed walking away, keira quickly catching up behind her.

"babe i know i know" keira comforted, pulling maría in for a hug, "i thought we had something keira! it was just starting to get better!" maría cried, "well a tiger never changes it's stripes babes and u have to remember that if u want to trust him fully like u did before" keira explained.