Chapter Seven

The German Empire sat down as the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth tried to explain everything as quickly as he could. Austria-Hungary sat nearby, without saying a word.

"The Roman Empire is back. How he managed to get revived, we don't know. But he mind controlled the Teutonic Order, stabbed the Dutch Empire, and was heading towards the village. I don't know what's going on so far," PLC shook his head.

"Then we'll kill him again. And again if we have to," GE growled.

"How? He nearly killed all of us last time. And we outnumbered him by a lot," A-H reminded him.

"If he's attacked the neighbourhood, then he'll gain many more enemies. We'll find a way," GE said, looking certain.

"We must go quickly. Countries could be dying at this very second," PLC urged them.

"Of course. You two go ahead, I'll grab the weapons," GE said, heading into another room. A-H and PLC began walking towards the village.

"Are you okay here on your own? I need to warn some others as well," PLC said.

"We'll be fine. See you soon," A-H said.

"Bye!" PLC took off into the air, and made his way towards the Chagatai Khanate's house. He landed at the back door, and spotted a trail of dried blood. Odd...

"Hello? Anyone home?" he called.

The door swung open, revealing Spain and the Golden Horde covered in dark red, and looking very tired. Bags hung under their eyes, and they both leaned against the doorframe for support.

"We're busy," Spain said, his voice scratchy.

"I–" PLC blinked. "Why the fuck are you both covered in blood?"

"Oh, I realise how this must look. Um, my sister visited the Realm of the Dead, and got her arm cut off by the Roman Empire. After he killed our father," the Golden Horde explained.

"Holy shit. I-I'm sorry," PLC stuttered.

"It's fine," GH looked away.

"Why are you here, anyways?" Spain asked.

"Well, I was going to warn you that ROE is back. Alive. Just at the village not too far away from here. But it seems you two have enough to deal with right now," PLC said.

"That's not good. I can come with you," Spain shrugged. "CK is pretty much stable anyways. GH, can you handle it?"

"Yup. We'll be good soon. Let me know if anything bad happens!" GH said. Spain used his wind powers to lift himself off the ground, and they flew back as fast as they could together.

But by the time they arrived, the battle was already over.

CRASH! Grass was ripped from its roots as Denmark-Norway skidded across the ground in front of KU and France. His wings were sore, and he felt cuts and bruises all over his body. It hurt. Badly.

He struggled to his knees, glancing around. ROE was rubbing his head, looking thoroughly confused. France and the Kalmar Union were rushing over to Denmark-Norway, hurriedly asking if he was okay.

He didn't respond. He couldn't respond. The words didn't even reach his throat, like always. He stood up and nodded instead.

Darkness still cloaked him. He felt comforted by it. He should mimic the Teutonic Order's power more often. It was almost like being invisible.

"Who are you?" France asked. Denmark-Norway shook his head. He still had to keep his powers hidden from his identity. The less countries that knew, the better.

As D-N brushed dirt off of his body, he spotted a flash of silver behind his mother. ROE raised his scythe over his head.

"LOOK OUT!" The words were forced from his mouth in a scream. The first time he had ever spoken in front of someone that wasn't his niece, brother or mother. That didn't matter. Nothing mattered.

The metal pierced flesh. Red poured from the gaping hole. D-N rushed forward, catching his body. The Kalmar Union's eyes went dull. Unmoving. Unblinking. Unalive.

"KU!" Another voice cried. Sweden-Norway ran up next to them, sobbing as she dropped down next to the body.

Flames surrounded them as France fought back against ROE. Many countries, free from the mind control, ran over to help. ROE retreated into the darkness.

D-N felt all the eyes turn towards him, S-N and KU.

Now would be a good time to run... he thought. Too many people. Too many eyes. What were they thinking? He'd failed to protect one of the only countries he cared about. Because he was too slow.

I am invisible. They can't see me. They can't see me, D-N repeated to himself. It's what KU used to tell him to do. It was the only thing that ever seemed to help. But not this time.

He opened his wings and took flight into the sky. Tears fell down his face, blurring his vision. Where he was flying, he didn't know. Didn't care.

Anything to escape. 

(780 Words)

I forgot how short I made this chapter :c

ANYWAYS... Another one bites the dust :D

I actually don't remember if KU's death was the coin's fault or not. I didn't document it like I usually do, so I'm assuming it was me. Sounds like something I would do :D

Have a good day :D