Chapter Thirty

The Austrian Empire yelped as he was sent flying backwards by a powerful spout of water. He quickly turned it to gold, and watched as one of the ghosts ran into it.

The Roman Empire regarded him with many years of hate boiling in his orange eyes. AE breathed in deeply, raising his sword hesitantly.

"Remember anything?" ROE growled at the gold and black country. He twirled his scythe in his hands as a country shrouded in darkness tried to attack him. He kicked them backwards, and brought the bloody weapon down on their torso. Luckily, they grabbed the weapon before it pierced flesh and turned it to gold.

ROE's eyes widened with a flash of fear, and he quickly dropped the scythe. AE took that moment to rush towards him, attempting to slash through his throat. He didn't get very far, and found himself encased in ice.

Meanwhile, the stranger picked up the spear—grunting at the weight—and attempted to hurl it at the red country. Unfortunately, ROE simply stepped to the side, and grappled the weapon from their grip.

AE managed to turn the ice to gold and warp it away from his body with both strength and power. He yanked his sword from the gold, and charged towards his enemy. ROE was trying to deal with a floating scythe, and didn't see him coming. Or so AE thought.

At the last moment, ROE spun around and sent a dagger flying for his chest. AE quickly tapped his chest, turning himself to gold. The dagger bounced off, and he quickly reversed the damage.

Huh, he thought. That's a cool trick.

Denmark-Norway watched as ROE threw dagger after dagger at the Austrian Empire, with none of them hurting the golden country.

I would try that... but it took years for AE to learn how to stop or reverse his power. I am not going to die because of that, D-N thought. Instead, he continued levitating the scythe using America's stolen power, and trying to stab ROE with it. It was quite hard, because he wasn't getting any momentum. At least it was annoying.

In the meantime, he borrowed Bulgaria's power to teleport, and appeared behind the Roman Empire, landing a hit on his back. As ROE turned around, brow furrowed, D-N teleported behind him again, but missed his hit. The red country turned around again, but he'd already teleported away.

When he tried to do it a third time, ROE was ready. He whirled around and grabbed onto D-N's arm with a death-like grip. Denmark-Norway stifled a yelp and tried to pull away. When that didn't work, he teleported away, but he took ROE with him.

I suppose this is my chance to make sure he's as far from the battle as possible. He would hurt less countries that way, Denmark-Norway thought, teleporting as far as his powers would allow him.

Then he realised he could no longer sense anyone's powers but the Roman Empire's.

France led the Empire of Brazil through the forest, making her way to a slope that went down to the beach. There were boats at the bottom, where several countries already were.

The Kingdom of France followed, sending small explosions after her. She directed them away with a few waves of her hands, leaving herself and her ally unharmed.

The Indus River Valley Civilisation tackled the white country from behind, leaving France and Brazil to escape. He took a sword to the face, but continued holding the Kingdom of France down.

Britain greeted France at the bottom of the slope. "Hey. Where's the Ottoman Empire? He should have been back by now," he said as the Empire of Brazil climbed into a boat to get as far away from the mayhem as possible.