Chapter Eleven

The Dutch Empire whirled around at the Western Roman Empire's warning, and found the Red Ensign Canada behind them. Blood poured from his eyes due to the mind control.

DE raised his hammer, then decided against giving REC a major concussion. He backed away instead.

"ROE knows that we're here," he said to the rest of the group, who turned around.

Thanks for the warning, I'll keep you updated. As long as I stay alive... DE said to WRE in his head.

If I don't hear from you in the next five minutes, I'll assume you're dead, WRE responded.

That's fair, DE said.

"Keep an eye out, and stay back to back. Tatar, where did Granada go?" OE said.

"Beats me," the Tatar Confederacy said, shrugging.

"Wonderful," PLC said.

REC, in the meantime, tried several times to get closer to DE. He managed to push him away with the hammer, but the red country grabbed onto it, and yanked DE closer. Their skin connected, and DE felt a burst of pain spread through his arm. He cried out in pain, and let go of the hammer.

"Tatar and the Egyptian Empire are mind controlled, be careful!" The German Empire called. DE glanced behind him to confirm, only to see REC attack him out of the corner of his eye.

He ducked down, and the hammer crashed into the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth instead. He had armour on, but it didn't do much, and crumpled under the weight of the weapon. PLC collapsed to the ground without a sound.

DE stood up and grappled the hammer out of REC's hands, kicking the mind controlled country away from the group.

Meanwhile, the Tatar Confederacy spoke. "Stand down," he said in a commanding voice. DE had the urge to listen, and he dropped his weapon. His allies did the same.

The Roman Empire appeared beside Tatar.

"What a useful power! I'll have to mind control you more often," he said, "anyways, I suppose I'll have to kill you all now."

DE felt panic fill his body. But it didn't listen when he tried to run away. Then an overwhelming sense of peace and obedience filled him, and he didn't struggle. ROE stepped forward, bringing his scythe over his head. GE stood below him.

A portal suddenly appeared next to ROE. A sword flew through and nicked ROE's flowing red cape.

The Emirate of Diriyah stepped through, followed by the Western Roman Empire, the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, the Empire of Brazil, the League of Lezhe, the Second Bulgarian Empire, the Sultanate of Zanzibar, and Yugoslavia.

DE felt the Tatar Confederacy's power weaken as Yugoslavia cancelled his power. He picked up his hammer, and helped the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth to his feet.

"Hm. This might be harder than I thought," ROE sighed. Tatar, REC and the Egyptian Empire's eyes returned to normal as Yugoslavia also cancelled the mind control. She looked like she was straining to, though.

ROE backed away as the countries closed in on him. Then without a word, he ran into the darkness. The Dutch Empire went to chase him, but OE pulled him back.

"All we wanted was REC. We'll defeat him some other time," he said. DE glared at him, but listened.

"Wait, where is the Emirate of Granada? He should have been back by now," the Egyptian Empire asked as a few countries began checking REC for injuries. "Especially after all the noise we made."

They immediately began searching, but didn't find much. Only a small, lizard shaped stain on the ground.

Canada and Portugal sat inside of Spain's house, who'd been nice enough to house them and the Kingdom of Portugal.

"Do you think he's okay?" Canada asked over a game of chess. Portugal had been letting him win to distract him, but that seemed impossible.

"Of course. The other countries would never let ROE get away with it," Portugal said. Suddenly, a chess piece turned invisible. "Dad, you're here! Do you know if REC is okay?"

The chess piece became invisible two times, which was their secret code for no.

"Oh," Portugal said.

"Since you're here, I have a question," Canada piped up. "Do you want to be revived?"

A pause, then the chess piece blinked in and out once.

"Yes," Portugal breathed. She was going to get her father back!

"Are you sure? I don't want it to hurt," Canada said.

Yes, the Portuguese Empire said again.

"But we need his body, right?" Portugal said.

"We can go tomorrow. After we find out if my dad is okay," Canada suggested. "If he lets us."

"He doesn't have to know," Portugal grinned. "Besides, I think I got my power! You saw what I did to ROE, right?" Canada nodded. "Well, maybe it works on y—"

Suddenly, the Kingdom of Portugal burst into the room.

"They're back! With your father!" he cried. Canada bolted out of the room faster than the Ottoman Empire himself. Portugal followed half as quickly.

But Portugal quickly saw that someone was missing from the group that returned.

The Emirate of Granada breathed out in shock.

He'd woken up next to his crushed lizard self, as a human. How long had it been? And where was everyone?

Huh. I guess I'm a ghost? he thought. He looked down at himself. What did ghosts look like?

He stood up, and started walking towards the village. He hardly knew the way. And what would he do when he got there? He was a ghost! Nobody would be able to see him!

Suddenly, someone tapped his shoulder. He nearly jumped out of his skin.

The Byzantine Empire stood behind him, raising an eyebrow.

"I suppose they forgot about you?" he said.

"How can you see me? I thought I died," Granada asked.

"Apparently not."

"Byzantine, is anyone out there?" the Roman Empire called out from far away.

Granada felt his heartbeat quicken. What would ROE do to him if he was found. He started to discreetly back away. BZE regarded him with a blank stare.

"No. They all left," he finally said. "Go," he mouthed to Granada.

"What? I thought you were evil," he hissed back, while backing away slightly faster.

"I'm staying alive. There's a difference. Go before I change my mind," BZE sighed, waving him away.

The Emirate of Granada didn't stick around for long after that. 

(1062 Words)

Don't mind me nearly forgetting to post the chapter because I was drawing ^^"

We are ever so slowly approaching my favourite part! :>

(Also apparently WattPad got a new update because I can schedule these chapters now :0)