Chapter Forty-Four

Spain shuddered as snow started to fall around him. He could barely tell what was going on. But he stood up. Or at least, he tried to stand up.

He stumbled on his knees for a few moments, feeling as if he was upside down. His vision wasn't working properly. Or his hearing. Everything was dim. It was lonely.

He rubbed his eyes with tingling hands and realised that his powers were still activated. His vision cleared.

Well... I guess I can make tornadoes... he thought. He whisked it away with a great deal of effort. He decided to let the snow fall. It wasn't much of a hindrance.

He collapsed forward after trying to stand up. He found his sword right in front of him, and grabbed it. Then he looked back up as a shadow was cast over him.

His father.

"Hey, dad," he said calmly, his brain unable to process the danger he was currently in.

The glint of a sword woke him up.

"Oh shit," he scrambled backwards, almost as gracefully as a drunk, eighty year old lizard. The sword miraculously stabbed his foot, which he took as a sign of luck, since he was a very easy target.

"Dad, please!" Spain yelped, clumsily crawling backwards as he retreated. Blood stained the floor in front of him.

His hand hit a rock, and he collapsed onto his back from exhaustion. He gripped the rock and threw it as a last-ditch effort. Somehow, it worked.

Lezhe seems to have blessed me today, he thought, getting up. Then he ran.

In his dazed state of panic, he forgot to factor in the fact that his father could shoot lightning bolts at him.

It was quite the surprise when the world flashed white, black, white, black, before finally settling on the deadly shade of blue that made up the world of the dead.

One word echoed through his mind.

Kill.

The French Empire sprinted away from the Second Bulgarian Empire, setting up a wall of flame to keep her, Serbia, and IRVC trapped in the portal. Thankfully, after she had tripped, she'd blasted everyone in a five metre radius with fire so that she could get away.

Then she saw him.

The British Empire.

He was trying to defend himself from the attacks of a mind-controlled Bulgaria. She started walking over, touching her diary by her side. Today, his tyranny over her would end. Her rival would die. And she could be free.

As free as she could be, anyways.

He spotted her, and left the Dutch Empire to deal with ROE's puppet. Columns of water started growing around him. FE saved her power for closer range. He seemed to care about appearance. She only cared about his death.

Oh how satisfying it would be when he was dead.

This isn't how France would want me to think... a small... no, a loud part of her screamed.

She pushed it down. Once he was dead, she could listen to her merciful thoughts. BE had to die. He was the reason he died.

Wasn't ROE the reason you died?

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yes he was. Did BE really—

Distracted by her mind, she didn't notice the sword, embedded in water, hurtling straight towards her.

It clipped her shoulder as she ducked. She retaliated immediately, sending fireballs towards her enemy and her ally.

It felt better that he'd attacked first. Now it was self defence, right?

They clashed together, sending water and fire, hate and hate, at each other. The battlefield was simultaneously burnt and soaked. Fires snuffed out. Water boiled and turned to steam.

She charged at him in a fit of fiery rage, sending them both toppling to the ground. She clutched his neck, her hands burning his flesh to a crisp. He screamed and pushed her backwards. She fell on her back. He loomed above her as he held a knife to her throat.

She struggled, grabbing his wrist and trying to keep the dagger away from her.

This felt similar. Too similar to her last death.

She instinctively turned her head. And met the eyes of the Roman Empire. The man she should have hated all along.

He sent a dagger towards her.

No.

No.

I am not dying today.

(686 Words)

Sorry for the short chapter ;-;

Y'all are wayyy to close to the ending for comfort so imma work a bunch on the story and hope for the best eheehheheqwjhgqwiue

I definetly didn't almost post the wrong chapter-