hospital-jake

Jake said he would be back by 11:30 and it's almost midnight now. He's usually back right on time and wants to hang out but today he didn't show up or return my text.

I'm not mad just worried.

I gave up on waiting and went to change into more comfortable clothes. His phone probably died. I reassured myself.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and my favorite one of Jake's t shirts, it fell a little over the shorts. As I sat on the bed and turned on the tv I felt my phone buzzing on the night table and when I turned it around I saw the word, Hospital. My heart sped up and I pressed the green button.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Miss y/n?" The lady on the phone asked.

"Yes this is she, how can I help you?" I masked the fear in my voice with an unnaturally confident tone, although I was having a panic attack on the spot. I stood up and paced to try and relieve it.

"We have a Jake Kiszka admitted around twenty minutes ago, and his emergency contact was your number. Do you think you can come down to the hospital?" Holy shit.

"U-u-h, yes, yeah, of course. I'll be there soon." The lady on the other line thanked me and hung up. I slid down the closest wall and hugged my knees close to my chest. My shoulders shook as I sobbed. What did he do to himself? What did someone do to him?

What is going on?

After I worked up the courage to stand back up I grabbed a hoodie, ran out of the apartment, and to the elevator.

"Can this thing go any slower!" I yelled and pressed the number repeatedly.  "Finally." I said when I sprinted out of the elevator and down to the hospital. A homeless man was asking for change and a dog with his leash wrapped around a pole was barking his head head off. They seem happy enough, and not like their 'only- reason-to-live's' life is on the line.

What if something actually terrible happened and I never get him back. I would have forever lost my motivation in everything. Plus, how would everyone else feel about that? His mom would be devastated and his brothers probably couldn't even begin to process that kind of information. I held back the tears that were about to pour out of me like water in a broken dam, but then I saw the building. It was a huge structure with yellow lights glowing out of some of the windows.

I made it through the crowded entrance and scanned all the signs for something that would lead me the Emergency room.  There was a sign for everything but that in fact. Tears began to fall down my face again and my vision blurred and my heart racing.

I finally saw the 'E' for the emergency room, and ran over to it. The lady at the desk greeted me but I shoved it away and demanded answers. "Where is Jake Kiszka? What happened to him? Can I see him?" The ladies big blue eyes and friendly greeting smile, softened into a sympathetic expression. "What's the name?" She asked slowly.

"Jake Kiszka." She typed into her computer. "Okay, he was checked in here but I'm afraid you can't see him yet." I wiped the tears again.

"Why not? Do you know what happened?" I had thousands of other questions, but she glanced at the line growing longer behind me of equally frantic people and I knew my time was up.

"You'll find out shortly. If you don't mind sitting over there." She pointed to the small waiting room off in the corner. After sitting in a very uncomfortable chair, I decided to use the breathing exercises my therapist recommended just to take my mind off of the situation.

In...

1

2

3

Hold...

1

2

3

Out...

1

2

3

"Are you miss y/n?" My head shot up to the man in a white lab coat. He had salt and pepper hair and was on the fairly older side. I nodded and stood up, "Jake requested you." My heart slowed down knowing he was okay and alive and remembering things.

"Is he alright?" I asked.

"He should be fine, he just woke up."

"Take me to him please." He nodded and started walking down the white halls with bright white lights. I always hated hospitals.

The door softly clicked open and I saw his hair fanned on the pillow and the heart monitor steadily beeping next to him. My lips turned into a smile and I slowly walked over and sat in the chair by the bed...

Im sorry this was weird and all, I also need recs for a part 2...???