school dance-danny

In Frankenmuth, the girl with one of the kiszkas was like royalty to the rest of the town. Everyone else envied her and tried to be her in every way possible.

Like myself. Now I was sitting at the spring dance watching Jake dance with his new girl at my table. A friend asked if i wanted her to stay but I told her to dance with her boyfriend too. How was it possible to still be single during senior year because I've been hooked on one guy all of high school?

The song was coming to an end so I straightened up and waited for my friends to come back to the table.

"How about one more for all you love birds?" The dj boomed. Everyone on the floor cheered. I rolled my eyes and sunk back into my seat.

A tall guy with curly hair walked over to the table and waved slightly. After a couple seconds I realized that was one of Jake's friends, Danny. Not a lot of people noticed him or used him to get closer to the guys.

I waved back, "hi, can I help you?"

He rubbed his neck nervously. "Um-yeah. Do you wanna dance?"

My face heated up and my stomach flipped with butterflies. I would've never thought someone would come up to me. "Okay!" Oops. "Yeah that would be awesome" I added.

He held out his hand which I softly took and stood up. We held hands on our way to the dance floor and found a spot somewhere in the corner. I straighten out my outfit and laughed nervously. "Im not sure what to do."

Danny laughed as well. I've never noticed how adorable his laugh was. "Me neither but we'll figure it out."

I laid my hands on his shoulders and he put his on my waist. We slowly swayed side to side and he said, "sorry if I caught you off guard. I saw you weren't dancing, you look way to beautiful not to be dancing."

I blushed and looked down. "How about you? You don't have anyone to dance with?"

Danny shook his head. "It's alright though. I would rather be with you."

"But do you even know my name?"

"Of course I do!" He exclaimed "your y/n y/l/n..." and he went on about other things he knew about me. "But do you even know me?"

I did the same thing and we laughed. "Okay I guess we do know each other a little."

"I still want to get to know you more." He gave me a small smile when the song ended once again

"Come to the table with me?" He nodded and followed me to the table. And when I looked back I saw the biggest smile on his face.

Heyyyyy sorry it's been so long again I promise I'll get back to updating soon. Also JUSTICE FOR MAUI- i live so close to it and I feel for them. Please donate and help support. Love y'all 👋🏻👋🏻