tired-josh

This one comes from the depths of hell-I mean my drafts

Let's just say this is younger josh

Josh had missed 17 of my calls so I decided to go over to his house and check on him. It was a pretty short walk from my place to his so I called out to my mom, grabbed my bag and started to walk.

He normally answers my calls after a few rings, and the only reason he wouldn't be answering is if something's wrong. Danny and Sam were sitting outside on the porch watching videos on Danny's phone.

"Hey y/n" Sam said when I got closer.

"hey!" I waved at him, "Is josh inside?"

The two nodded and refocused on their videos. I have been coming to this house since I was little so I opened the door expecting to hear faint laughter and music coming from the record player. Instead there was yelling coming from the kitchen.

It was best if I didn't get involved in that, I had come for josh in the end. I creeped up the stairs, out of breath, and knocked on Josh's door. "You have a lot" of stairs.

There was a small laugh from inside, "it's open y/n."

I turned the knob slowly and opened the door to see josh lying on his bed staring up in space. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was an unkept mess. There were buds and ashes in a dish by his window as well.

That means something's definitely up.

Instead of going on and trying to make josh tell me what was going on, I threw my bag and phone on the floor next to me and held my arms open for him. He looked at me with relief and slowly walked over. Josh wrapped his arms around me and squeezed so tight I had a hard time breathing. I put my face in the crook of his neck while he relaxed his hands on the small of my back.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I whispered.

"Yes please."

For the next while josh explained to me how his parents had been fighting the last couple of days over money. Just as he thought it was over, they started fighting again. "I stay up at night hoping they'll get over it and worrying, in the end I just don't get to sleep."

I offered as much comfort and advice as I could but in the end he just wanted me to stay with him.

"Let's watch a movie,yeah?" He nodded and opened up his laptop to start a movie. Josh settled on his bed next to me but I instead patted my lap.

"C'mere." He laid his head gently in my lap and I touched his hair until there were soft snores escaping his mouth.

"Goodnight." I whispered and planted a sweet kiss on his cheek.

A/n-yeahhh