hike-josh

So this chapter was inspired off my hike experience yesterday. I'm still recovering from the ankle rolling today 🧑‍💼

Today, Josh and I were feeling adventurous. We heard about this apparently beautiful hike by our neighborhood so we wanted to go check it out.

"You ready mama?" Josh asked me from the other room.

"Almost!" I called and swiftly pulled up a pair of exercise shorts. I ran into my closet and grabbed the first pair of sneakers I could find, cursing myself for procrastinating this morning.

"Alright, I got all the water, first aid kit, and snacks. Mostly snacks.." he explained to me and held up his little hiking bag.

I chuckled while I laced up my tennis shoes and adjusted my baseball cap. "Good, do we have cheese strings?"

"No no-I can't have cheese. I'm a fahking singer." Ya-ya see what I did there? (Throwback Tuesday)

"How could I ever forget." I teased and kissed his cheek. We walked out to the car and put all the windows down. Coming out of the neighborhood, our hair became unruly but I loved that look on Josh.

A little while after, the parking lot for the trail appeared. I gave Josh an excited smile as he parked the car. "We're herrreee."

He laughed and pulled out his phone. "Smile in front of the sign."

I rolled my eyes but did as he said. He then took a selfie of us, but I refused to take anymore unless we started the trail. I couldn't wait to see the view from up there!

"You okay over there?" Josh had somehow became in front of me so I jogged to catch up.

"Yup." I said and moved my hand to his. He blushed and gave a small smile in my hand before kissing it.

We walked some more, taking in all the sights around us. There were sub-trails that lead to lookout points further up and I really wanted to see them.

"Can we go up one? Pleasseee?" I begged like a child.

"Yeah we should just be careful climbing up those roots."Josh said. "It could ruin my hair."

Confused on how those two things related I went up the makeshift staircase of roots and began to climb. I felt Josh's hand stabling me on my waist.
With him next to me I felt pretty confident about the outcome.

But when Josh reached for the last foothold, his foot slipped and hit the other roots, causing him to fall backwards and land right on his ass.

I quickly climbed down and sat beside him. "Oh my god josh are you okay?"

He looked up at me with terrified eyes and burst out laughing. "TELL ME WHY!" He said between laughs.

"Tell you what?" I started laughing as well. As confused and worried as I was.

"TELL ME WHY I FELL OF A 3 FOOT STAIRCASE MADE OF ROOTS"

He was laughing so hard a tear shone in his eye and at this point I couldn't help but laugh along until some sense was knocked into him.

With a sigh, he rubbed his eye and stood back up. "I think I've had enough outside for one day."

I stared at him for a few seconds before I was bent over wheezing about the couple minutes we had just had. "I can't anymore."

He waved me off and walked away-quietly laughing with me.