movie-josh

Hiding in my school bathroom rn so let's give this a shot ☠️☠️

When my parents had proposed I bring my friends over for a movie night, I was pretty against it. I mean can you imagine what it would be like? My mother checking in on us every 10 minutes and my father intimidating the boys and making it awkward.

Yeah-hell no.

But she forced me into inviting them, and just to embarrass me even more she had their moms come too. Like a fucking play date for pre-k kids.

When the door bell rang in the late afternoon, I mumbled under my breath, "I'll get it" and opened the door to a couple of my friends and one of their mom. A few minutes later Jake came in as well.

"Hey doofus, where's josh?" I asked, and my heart rate picked up.

"He's on his way, hey what's with the whole parent thing? My mom is not showing up." He said in response.

By the time the moms were faking smiles and laughter in the kitchen,  josh rang the bell and greeted me with a smile. "Hey y/n"

"Josh" I blushed and reached in for a hug.

Our relationship wasn't defined but we had done something's together that you wouldn't think friends do.

"Everyone's in the living room." I said and lead him over to the couches.

"So what are we watching again?" One of my friends called from the love seat.

I shrugged in response. "What ever you want. But let's please get this over with."

Everyone agreed and we put on a shit movie. By the time the sun set and it was becoming darker and darker, we could hear the laughter during down in the kitchen and soft snores coming from Jake's mouth. I whispered to josh, "does he always fall asleep this early?"

"No, but this movie is particularly boring."

"I think that was the point." I said back and we laughed. But then I had an idea, "guys we should all pretend to sleep so you can stay the night."

"You think that'll work?" One of them asked.

"It's worth a shot."

Another while passed and the moms came in the living room. All of us pretended to be asleep. I focused on syncing my breathing up with Josh's and listening closely for them to have left the room.

"All clear." Josh whispered. We all sat up and listened to the goodbyes and shutting of the front door before giving high-fives and lying back down.

"What are we gonna do now?" A groggy Jake asked.

"Good morning to you too kind sir." Josh said in an accent. Jake gave him the finger and stretched his arms over his head.

"No clue." I responded. Without a warning josh laid his head in my lap and put his bare feet on the armrest.

Shocked, I hesitantly brought my hand to his head and ran it through the curls, mesmerized by his they bounced back. He sighed and sank deeper into my lap.

"We could always just hang out." Josh said, somehow completely unfazed.

"Yeah he's right." I seconded with a shaky voice.

"Alright, let's put on another movie!"

"A good one this time please."

They ended up putting on a scary movie but I couldn't help myself from looking at josh and the way he so confidently laid down. I felt electricity shoot through my bare leg when he ran his fingers up and down for a while.

Towards the end of the movie everyone was really asleep. Josh was also starting to close his eyes so I bent down and pressed my lips to his forehead. "Goodnight"

"Goodnight" he whispered back with a small, satisfied smile on his face.

Smells like shit in here-I'm out ✌️