ily-jake

It's 1 in the morning and I don't think imma edit this so have fun trying to understand..😀

We had just gotten back from the guy's concert
that closed their tour and we're glad to be back in their home town. Jake has a house the rest of us are crashing at for the night because we are too shitfaced to make our way back home.

Josh, Danny, Sam, and Jake all collapsed onto the couch as soon as the door opened leaving no space for me.

"Y/n, sit here" Jake said patting on his lap, I blushed and accepted. At first it was really uncomfortable but i relaxed when jake traced small, soothing circles on my thigh.

We weren't an item or fooling around in any sort of way, just really close friends.

Like really close.

But what are you gonna do? Salvage the friendship or risk everything for what would probably be the best relationship ever. The thought of being with Jake would always make me happy but then I overthink it and realize it's definitely not then best idea.

"Alright, imma go to sleep. Goodnight." Josh said and got up to go find an empty room to sleep in.

"We should go too it's getting really late, or early.."  Danny said  checked the clock that said 2 AM.

"Alright." Sam groaned.

"Night guys!" I called and stood up from jake's lap. We held eye contact for a few seconds but I broke it to grab a blanket from the side of the couch. My heart raced and I felt my hairline dampen with sweat.

Jake interrupted my nerves with a question, "you going too?"

"No not yet we can hang out some more if you want?"

He smiled his beautiful smile and nodded. "Yeah I do."

We talked for another hour about vinyls we want and which album's better than the other.  the way talking to him just came so naturally , as if I was opening up to him without thinking about it, caused us to get on the topic of our boyfriends/ girlfriends.

"You're kinda like the lone wolf."  I suggested.

Jake got defensive with that and said, "Im not a 'lone wolf' I am just waiting for this one girl to notice me the way I want her to."

"And how is that?"

"As more than a friend."

I thought about his answer. Considering the possibilities of that girl being me and then if it was another girl that beat me to him.

"Tell me about her." I told Jake.

"Well, ya know how romance novels say, 'her eyes light up when she talks about something she's passionate about?' Her eyes light up with anything because she's passionate about everything. And before you get to know her she's really closed off and shy but then she becomes this outgoing and overall amazing, kinda sun hilarious person. Her eyes are a beautiful, she has perfect hair, perfect lips, she's just perfect."

I took every word he said in and came to a decision, "dude, she's fucking perfect for you."

Jake chuckled. "You think so?"

"I know so! You're also passionate about just about anything and you're 'overall amazing' too. Now tell me some more I wanna know everything..."

...even if it hurts like hell.

He went on for another 10 minutes before cutting him self off from a story, "from a woman's perspective, whats the best way I should tell her I love her?"

My heart practically stopped when he said loved. If you love someone everyone else is out of the picture, including me.

But he's my best friend and I'm gonna help him.

"So you want an unrealistic or realistic answer?"

"Both."

"Okay, so realistically you'd want to take her out on a few dates then bring her somewhere really romantic and Yano tell her. Unrealistically (not really but it's getting there) you'd be out in the rain, holding on to eachother and you're not angry or anything, you're actually laughing and crying all at once. And right before you tell her, you tell her everything you love then say 'I. love.you.'"

Jake sat in silence for a minute also taking in what I had said, but then he stood up and held up and finger, "I'll be right back."

A couple minutes later Jake was back, hauling me to my feet and dragging me out the door. "Jake where are we going?"

"You'll see y/n."

The night was normal and dark, nothing special quite frankly. Until, out of nowhere: rain pours down from the sky. Jake smiled back at you and pulled you into the rain.

"I-i-it was me? The girl is me?" I laughed and griped Jake's arms. I was ecstatic at this news and cold from the rain I almost could t keep my legs from shaking.

"Yes, y/n. You are my girl. And I wanted to tell you how much I love your eyes, your nose, you hair, you kindness, your humor and your everything. I. Love. You. Y/n."

A tear fell from my cheek along with fresh rain drops, "I love you too jake." He laughed with tears in his eyes as well. I reached to the sides of his head and pulled him close to me, pressing a kiss to his mouth that after 10 seconds led to open mouthed and roaming-rain kisses. We broke apart yet still held onto each-other's heads.

There was a faint cheering from somewhere above us and as I snapped my head up to the roof I saw Sam sitting shoe-less on the roof with a hose. "Go you two!! We knew you'd become a thing."

I turned to Jake once more, "yeah, me too."