10. I know you more than you

''Why does she keep glaring at me like I owe her money or something ?'' Rang muttered only for Yeon to hear as he looked anywhere but y/n's face.
''I should be the one asking that. What did you do ?''
''I didn't do anything.''
''Then find out yourself. I'll just tell you one thing, she doesnt get mad easily but when she does, you better sleep with your eyes open brother.'' Yeon said patting Rang's shoulders as he walked forward and knocked on the doors of Myoyeongak.

''Cmon out. Is anyone in there ?'' When the door opened, the trio's jaw dropped to see Hong joo welcoming them. Yeon turned around to run for his life but she caught up with him threatening him to come along.
''Y/n ! Rang !'' Yeon called out for them as he was being dragged through the gates.
''Yeon, let's just stay here. After all, she's your longtime friend. Settle your differences.'' Y/n said as she walked into Myoyeongak walking in the opposite direction where Yeon was being taken.

''Why are you following me ?'' Y/n asked calmly turning to look at Rang.
''I wasn't. We were just.... Walking in the same direction.''
''Sure we were.'' Y/n muttered under her breath.
''About what you told me back at the restaurant....'' Rang started then paused,
''That if i'd come along you'd answer a question everyday.''
''Yeah, anything except direct questions.'' Y/n nodded waiting for him to speak.

''Why are you mad at me ?''
''I--- im not mad at you.''
''You promised you won't lie.''
''I am not lying. It's the truth, im not mad at you.'' Y/n answered honestly. Thinking about it, she wasn't mad at Rang. She was rather mad at the girl in the boutique. Or jealous maybe. But would she admit the latter ?
''Then why were you shooting daggers at me ever since we left the boutique ?'' Rang asked making y/n open her mouth and close it back again. She had nothing to say, or more specifically she hadn't come up with an excuse or story about that yet.

''You can ask only one question a day.'' She said as she sprinted towards Yeon when she saw him coming out of the room.
''So, are we staying or what ?'' Y/n asked first.
''Yeah, we got no choice. She said she'll crush the hotel we go to.'' Yeon said soul less looking at the younger two.
''Wow, that's one.... Violently hospitable friend....'' Y/n said choosing her words.
''Great, then. I'll be taking the room beside yours. I've already chosen our rooms by the way.''
''When did you do that ?'' Rang asked considering he was following (walking in the same direction) y/n all along.
''What do you think, I was walking for a good nights sleep ?''

•••

''Your madam, is she a prominent figure ?'' Yeon asked to one of the gisaengs serving them as the trio sat together for breakfast.
''Don't you read the news ? Among all the Gyeongseong gisaengs, there's no other like our madam. Rice, gold mine, bonds – everything she touched was a big hit.''
''Should I rob her ?'' Rang whispered to Yeon, but y/n heard it loud and clear as she procceded to stuff Rang's mouth with a side dish to shut him up.
''Why do you always say such things ?'' She spoke in a low voice while Yeon tried his best not to burst into laughter at his brothers sight.

''What's her secret ?'' Yeon continued the initial conversation.
''All information in Gyeongseong is said to come from Myoyeongak. To be precise, it comes from our madam.''

Y/n

''So she's an informant ?'' I asked Yeon as I walked with him around Myoyeongak looking for Hong joo-ssi.
''Yeah, that's what I could conclude. But why are you walking around everywhere with me ?'' He asked stopping in his steps.
''Because if Rang finds me alone, he's gonna ask me about yesterday. Why I was behaving the way I was....'' I said while Yeon just smiled slightly.
''You cant tell Rang but you can tell me.'' Yeon was successful in making me speak and I narrated the whole thing to him.

''That's it ?'' Yeon asked in a simple tone.
''So tell me, what am I supposed to tell him ?''
''Honestly, let my brother suffer a little. He should work a little hard and find out himself. Rest, you know how to deal with him. Past, present or future, he's still Rang.'' He said giving me a knowing smile which I returned.
''You were looking for Hong joo-ssi right ? There she is.'' I pointed in front of us as we approached her.
''Here you are, i've been looking for you everywhere. Who are you bothering so early in the morning ?'' We looked at a little girl who looked extremely familiar.