22. We are married

Y/n

I rub my eyes to focus my vision as the light entered through. How did I come in my room ? The last thing I remember is looking after Mi ho. Right, Mi ho. I need to check on her.

I stood up and rushed out of my room to find that everyone in Myoyeongak was in so much chaos. What is going on here ?

''Did you sleep well ?'' A voice beside me asked. Rang.
''Oh yeah. I have no idea how and when I came back to my room.'' Rang just smiled looking at the bowl in his hands.
''What about Mi ho ? Is she alright now ?''
''Yeah, her fever went down, thanks to you.''
''So what is going on around here ?'' I asked looking at Yeon who was after everybody's life, instructing them to do things.

''Yeon said he's responsible for raising Mi ho from now on. He wants to take care of her hence all these precautions. He asked the gisaengs to clean the rooms, made sure there's nothing that acts as a hazard to the child.'' Wow, it's not like I didn't expect this. But watching it play out surely seems entertaining. I knew Yeon was acting distant to Mi ho because he didn't want to get close to her or it would be difficult to say goodbye.

Seeing him act like this reminds me once again, that Rang and him are brothers. He's acting exactly the way Rang did when Sarang was born. He wouldn't even let a speck of dust near her, let alone people. I didn't expect anything less from him. Watching Yeon right now jogs my memory to the past.
''Why are you just standing there ? Is it organic ?'' Yeon asked taking the bowl of baby food from Rang's hands.
''What is 'organic' ?'' Exactly what someone from 1938 would ask.
''Never mind.''

•••

Author

''But why would the governor general want Mi ho ?'' Yeon thought hard after the surprise visit by the officers who had come to take Mi ho. The gumiho's were successful in driving them away but it was a burning question in everyone's mind.
''You guys said there were posters all around here. And if there's a huge reward on whoever finds Mi ho, it must be something serious.'' Y/n spoke after Yeon as Rang passed her a smirk.
''What's up with that smile ?'' She asked the gumiho who looked between her and Yeon.

''Should I tell him ?''
''Tell me what ?''
''I would've said no but i'd hate to kill your excitement. Go ahead.'' Y/n said folding her hands to her chest.
''Excuse me, im standing right beside you two.'' Rang didn't answer anything and turned to Mi ho shuffling a coin in both his hands.

'' Rang didn't answer anything and turned to Mi ho shuffling a coin in both his hands

''Now guess where it is.'' Mi ho, as expected chose the right one making Yeon's eyes go wide. They repeated the guess game two more times and Mi ho was accurate yet again.
''What the--
She's right every single time.''
''Maybe because a foundling brings fortune.'' Y/n answered Yeon's question by her guess.
''Or maybe she's a natural gambler.'' Rang added making Mi ho smile as if the infant understood her.