24. The second date

''I'm alright.'' Rang said briefly as he walked through the gates of Myoyeongak leaving y/n in a tangle of emotions. She first felt bad because Rang spoke a little coldly to her. Then she put things realistically being the rational person she is. What did he mean by misunderstand ?
She then concluded that Rang wasn't the one at fault over here. He clearly is trying his best to deal with his emotions when he's seeing & talking to her everyday. And upon that if she starts acting like she's close to him, it'll only be more confusing to him.

Strongly denying that she's not y/n and then acting like this with the gumiho is like pure torture to him. She knew that she needed to stick to one thing, either telling him everything or maintaining a clear boundary. But that's what the predicament is, even when she's trying to keep a distance with Rang, things keep happening.
Thinking about boundary, the incident of few days ago flashed through her mind. She had already already crossed that line when she kissed him back that night.

What a mess did I create. Y/n sighed as she turned around to notice the foxes walking in her direction with Mi ho.
''What's going on ?'' She asked Yeon who was holding Mi ho.
''It's time to say goodbye.''

Spending the last few days with Mi ho got everyone emotional at the sudden but expected farewell. Shin ju even shed tears, he's an emotional one or maybe he was crying at the fact that Mi ho chose Rang over him. One thing was for sure, Mi ho surely is the god of fortune.

•••

''How did the visit to Granny go ? Did she tell you anything about the red-white mask ?'' Y/n asked not letting Yeon enter his room.
''No, she didn't. I can't say if she's hiding something or she doesnt know.''
''I'd bet on the former. Granny is clairvoyant, there's no way she doesn't know about the red-white mask, that is unless this is a special case like before.'' Y/n said folding her hands to her chest making Yeon chuckle at her serious face.
''Leave that worrying to me. You have other things to take care of.''

''Like what ? Also, why did you ask me to stay back ? If I had come along with you we would've been able to persuade granny better.''
''So that Rang stays back.''
''What ?''
''This little birdie has found out that Rang has his second date today with that mermaid.'' Yeon pointed towards his face with a proud smile.
''Ah, alright.'' Yeon frowned at y/n's unenthusiastic reply.

''Ah, alright. What kind of reaction is that ? Did something happen ?'' Y/n then narrated him what happened in the morning.
''I know I cant sail in two boats at the same time. Sooner or later i'll have to decide on what to do. Rang isn't naive, I wont be able to keep my identity from him for long.''
''That doesn't mean i've dropped what we decided on.'' She immediately added as Yeon waited for her to speak more.
''Im going to try my best to sabotage all these dates. It's just what happened earlier had my mind all over.''

''That's right. So i'll go and tell Rang--''
''No, i'll tell him.''

Meanwhile,
At the boutique store,

''Going on another date today ?'' The snail bride asked Yeo hee who was busy getting ready for the same.
''I plan to win his heart over today.''
''Oh, how so ?''
''Magazines say men like women who are good listeners.''
''He's not one to share what's on his mind.'' Snail bride said knowing Rang's personality.

''Im not going to give up so easily, im sure if I make him feel that he can confide in me he will speak his heart.'' Yeo hee spoke in a jolly voice holding the mentioned magazine.
''Yeo hee, I dont want to ruin your mood but im saying this because I feel like I have to. Rang is not someone to open up so easily, he has a lot of wounds. Im telling you this Because you like him, but dont expect much of him. He's waiting for someone.''

On the other hand,
Y/n was in wonder how Rang agreed for her to join him so easily. He didn't have that much of a reaction, neither was he surprised. Then again, Rang is good at having a poker face when he wanted.

The two were silently walking without any conversation when Rang stopped in front of a flower shop.
''If you want, you can come with me.'' Rang said not really looking at y/n as he entered the shop.
''What are you looking for, sir ?'' The shopkeeper asked Rang who sighed for the nth time looking at the room filled with flowers.
''Just give me whatever's fresh and nice.'' The shopkeeper handed him a beautiful bouquet of roses and with that they exited store.

Until they reached the club, y/n had a hundred boiling questions as to why Rang bought Yeo hee flowers. Her head was in the clouds hence she didnt notice the smile fading from Yeo hee's face seeing her.
''You're here, again.'' Yeo hee said disappointed by y/n's presence also pulling her out of her thoughts.
''Here.'' Rang spoke giving Yeo hee the flowers, shoving aside whatever conversation was about to start.
''Oh my, what's the occasion ?'' Yeo hee's mood didnt entirely shift but there was a slight change in her tone.

''You said to come to the club with a bouquet of flowers as your second wish.'' Y/n internally facepalmed for worrying so much about a trivial matter.
''Uh, right. Thank you so much.''
''Okay then we'll leave.'' Rang and y/n had almost turned around when Yeo hee stopped the gumiho.

''Hold on. You have to watch my show, it's included in the wish.'' Yeo hee said as Rang nodded, the mermaid sprinted towards the stage.
''Aren't you coming ?'' Rang asked y/n who was still standing at her position.
''You've come this far already. You aren't thinking of leaving me to deal with this, are you ?''

A/N

Mi ho will be missed by Rang a lot