32. Call it fate

Y/n felt torn. What was I expecting in the first place ? She thought. She knew Rang and that it would be foolish to think he wouldn't realise who she was in the time period of a month. She didn't know what to do. To tell him the truth and let him deal with her absence later when she leaves or stay silent which would lead Rang to live with the lie about the y/n in the future. There was no other way neither more time. So she let go of all the thinking and asked her heart to lead her speech.

''I wasn't supposed to be here. But I somehow was. I had lost my way and to go back I had to find Yeon. I never knew I would find you of millions of people in this vast world. I didn't even imagine our paths to cross again, but they did. They had to. After all, we did so much to flip destiny. So that the red threads of fate would never break apart, so that they would help us find each other in every life, in every universe. It was worth it. And now I stand before you once again, I am y/n.

Y/n, for whom you'd do anything just to see that smile on my face. Who would keep walking in danger just for you. Who likes azaleas because of you. Who knows your likes and dislikes, when to hold you back and when to let you go. I know you more than yourself. 'None of this is your fault.' were my last words following your promise to wait for me no matter how long it takes. I remember all of that because I am the girl you call your first love, y/n.

I know you might have a lot of questions about how--'' Before y/n could complete her sentence she was pulled in Rang's embrace. She could feel his tears dampening her shoulder as she stood still taking in the situation.

''I dont care. I told you, I wont ask any questions. All that matters to me is I can see you like this.'' He slowly pulled away after a few seconds and looked at y/n,
''But about what Cheon moo yeong said.....''
''He lied.'' Yeon said as he walked in the scene surprising the couple.
''I think it's time we show Rang the truth, y/n.'' Yeon looked at the younger who nodded in agreement.

Yeon pulled out his phone and played Rang and y/n's wedding video. Yeon was vlogging the wedding in the video.

(Clip plays)

''Okay everyone, meet the nervous groom-iho !'' Yeon flashed the camera to Rang who was busy fixing his shirt for the nth time.
''Groom-iho, see what I did there ? Groom and gumiho, hahaha !'' Yeon laughed to himself while the younger looked clouded in his own thoughts.
''Stop laughing like a maniac.'' Rang spoke irritated.
''Nothing you say will affect me, im too happy today. My younger brother is finally getting married to the love of his life.''

''Easy for you to say it like that.'' Rang sat on an armchair in the room when pacing the whole room didnt help calm his nerves.
''I can get why you're nervous but believe me, you wont be when you stand before her. Forget being anxious, I can already imagine the jaw drop when you see her.''
''Have you seen her already ?'' Rang asked with wide eyes.
''Yeah, I went to congratulate her before coming to your room.'' Rang would have thrown a stern look at Yeon for coming to him later but his mind was too occupied thinking about y/n.

''Oh, look. It's time to be on the stage.'' Yeon said glancing at his watch.
''Relax, just breathe in and breathe out. Today is the day you've waited for all your life. Make the most out of it.'' Yeon patted the gumiho's head. Rang passed a slight smile at the older but his expression immediately changed.
''Yah ! You messed up my hair !''

(Clip ends)

Rang was baffled, and all the synonyms of the word. Yeon then showed him the pictures of them all together-Rang, y/n, Yeon, Ji ah, Yuri, Shin ju and Soo ho. And then pictures of Sarang. Rang would open his mouth to say somethin but close it again because he was lost on words. It was difficult for him to comprehend what was before his eyes. He just looked at Yeon and y/n.
''Moo yeong is wrong. You finding me again, is all for the better. You do turn my life's direction, but towards a good change. Rang, you and I are married in the future. We have been blessed with an angel like daughter, Sarang. You remember geumdoongi right ? He reincarnated as this child, Soo ho. We have Yeon, Ji ah, Yuri and Shin ju-ssi, this is our family. Everything that we wished for, we have it. I come from that time, we come from that time.'' Y/n said sharing a look with Yeon.

''So, you're from the future...?'' Rang asked the two who nodded in reply. Yeon explains Rang why he came to 1938 and y/n further narrates how she ended up here accidentally.
''Accidentally or call it fate.'' Yeon adds.
''I know its too much to believe in a day but it is true. If you still doubt---''
''Y/n,

Can I see her again ? Can I see Sarang again ?''

A/N

Hey people ! Thank you for your concerned messages, appreciate it. I cant exactly say everything is great with me but hey, that's life. If the good times dont stay too long, the bad ones wont either. And its not just for me but any of you who are having a hard time.
Also, sorry for the false alarm earlier today.