16. Wrong place, wrong time

''Let's have an exorcism.''
''Exorcism ? Will it work ?''
''Well it's a traditional method it'll get rid of most curses.''
''Plus, we shouldn't miss a chance to try.'' Y/n added immediately after Shin ju.
''Okay, what do you guys need ?'' Yeon asked preparing his mind.

''Any of your belonging. For instance, your eye mask will do.'' Y/n said as Yeon handed it over to them replacing it with a different one.
''Okay, now let's go.'' Shin ju and Rang walked out leaving y/n and Yeon in the room.
''Y/n, you're still here ? I thought you were going along with Rang ?'' Yeon asked when y/n's scent stayed in the room.
''I cant leave you alone, Orabeoni.''
''Y/n, i've just lost my sight. Im still a gumiho. Don't worry about me, go with Rang.''
''Still....''
''We only have a month here, y/n. Rang in this era is the one after I left him and you died. He's reluctant to trust his surroundings, but he seems to believe you atleast. You know better which path you should choose.''
''Fine, but please take care of yourself. I promise i'll be back soon and you'll be back to normal till then.''
''Mhm, now hurry up before they leave without you.''

Night had already fallen to add to the spookiness of the whole situation. The three - Shin ju, Rang and y/n were on an empty street while the former created a huge circle with salt.
''Exorcism or whatever, must we do it in a place like this ?'' They hadn't even started doing anything and Rang had already started complaining.
''It must be a path that humans frequent.'' Shin ju replied busy throwing red beans around them.
''Before you ask, the red beans are to chase away ghosts.'' Y/n interrupted Rang before he could even speak.
''What time is it ?'' Shin ju asked stopping his vendor hawking shouts. Probably the only one of a kind yelling them to go away.
''Five to midnight.''

''It's almost time, please come in

''It's almost time, please come in.'' Shin ju asked Rang to step inside the circle.
''Y/n-ssi, this is where I leave. You remember the rest right ? Are you sure you want to stay back ?''
''Yeah, don't worry. I'll take care of it.''
''From here on you both are on your own. Leave as soon as you're done. Dont look back or talk until you arrive. Please be careful, both of you.'' Shin ju left as y/n proceeded to instruct Rang.

''You have Yeon's hair right ? Burn it at midnight. You have to pour alcohol in all four directions, north, east, west & south. And the rest, Shin ju-ssi already warned you about.'' Rang spoke after seconds of silently looking at y/n,
''I haven't asked you a question today. Why would you stay back knowing it's dangerous ? Even Shin ju left.''
''For the exact reason. I don't want anyone to get hurt anymore.''
''Would you do this for anyone ?''

''No.''