40. Keep me safe

The group enters the prison as they start looking for Yeo hee and Jae yoo. While walking through the passage of the prison, they find a mini snow man laying on the floor in front of them.
Rang picked it up and shared a glance with Hong joo & y/n, they knew it was the shinigami mercenaries.
Following the path, they enter a door to find Yeo hee taken hostage by Yuki.
''You are late. I almost got bored to death.''

Before y/n or Rang could take a step further, Yuki drew a knife to Yeo hee's neck.
''Take one more step--'' She warned but Hong joo sprinted towards her, punched her in the face then made her crash to the prison bars knocking her out.
''I took one step. Now what ?''
Meanwhile, y/n and Rang set Yeo hee free.
''Im sorry you got dragged in all this.'' Y/n said glancing at Yeo he's wounded arm*.
(I made changes to her injury hence she doesn't have a wounded neck but rather a bruised arm)*
''Where's Jae yoo ?'' Hong joo asked, Yeo hee pointed outside. Before hearing anything Yeo hee had to say, the former ran ignoring Rang and y/n's call to wait for her.

''Let's get out of here.'' Y/n said as she helped Yeo hee walk when Yuki stood in front of them.
''Not so quick. Fool, I lured the female mountain god to have you isolated.''
''Doo mok, take Yeo hee & y/n and go.'' Rang commanded.
''No boss, let's go together.''
''Get out !''
Doo mok turned around only for the door to open as another Japanese demon entered the already tensed room.
''No one can leave without Yuki's permission.'' Rang muttered something under his breath as he attacked Yuki. She was overpowering him a great deal and as if that wasnt enough the big guy Oogama joined in too. He pushed Rang across the room, breaking the door which led him lying in the passage.

Rang was in a bad condition, he looked exhausted. While Doo mok was going against Yuki who he was no match to, y/n gestured Yeo hee to look beside her. There was a tray laying on the ground, holding a single syringe with some green liquid. Yeo hee picked it up and sneakily passed it to y/n.
''Seen it before ?'' Y/n asked brainstorming if this would help them.
''They tried to inject it to us, called it something like Gwiso tree. But they said there were only two.'' Yeo hee whispered back.
''Glad they are bad at math.''
And Doo mok was knocked out too. Yuki pushed y/n and Yeo hee out to the passage where Rang and Oogama were.

''So who should we kill first ? This one or this one ?'' Yuki said pointing towards Yeo hee then y/n as she played around that she'd strangle her.
''No !'' Rang yelled when her hand was just hovering y/n's neck widening Yuki's eyes. Y/n remained calm and maintained her composure.
''Her or her ?'' Yuki did the same thing again but faster and again, Rang yelled,
''Stop !''
''I think we took the wrong one hostage Oogama.'' She gave a sinister smile as she pushed y/n to the floor and the latter didn't try to fight back.
''How about you both die together ?'' She said as she strangled y/n. Yeo hee gathered some courage as she tried to stop her by stabbing her with a knife but it didn't have much effect on her and she pushed Yeo hee with force.

Tears flowed as Rang looked down while Oogama was ready to land his punch on him.
''It's dangerous y/n.''
''Well then you can keep me safe.''
''I believe in you.'' 
Something stirred in Rang, rage flowed through him, the only thought in his mind was that he could not let any harm befall y/n. He stopped Oogama's fist in the air, stood up and pushed him to the far wall.

Oogama spat blood and was dead on the spot

Oogama spat blood and was dead on the spot. Rang's eyes had changed color. Watching all this Yuki left hold of y/n who calmly walked towards Yeo hee & gave her a hand. Yuki ran towards Rang to attack him but Rang's axe stabbed her in the chest as he slit her throat taking away her life as well.

 Yuki ran towards Rang to attack him but Rang's axe stabbed her in the chest as he slit her throat taking away her life as well

Rang turned around looking for y/n as he ran towards her and pulled her in his embrace. His eyes changed back to normal. He held on tight to her like if he'd leave her she would disappear.
''Im alright, Rang.'' Y/n said after a few seconds then he let go of her.
''You should check on Doo mok. He's been out for a while. Let's get out of here with him.'' With that Rang went to check on Doo mok who was lying in the room.
''Why didn't you use it ?'' Yeo hee asked y/n.
''Why didn't you use the Gwiso tree injection ? You could have died if Rang hadn't stepped up last minute.''
''I just picked it up incase it comes in handy. I didn't use it because I knew Rang would save me. He just wasn't aware of himself, until before that is. He is capable of what he did today and more. I trust him.''

''Y/n, we should leave.'' Rang came along with Doo mok aa the group was about to leave but life doesn't seem to give them a moment to breathe as the third Japanese demon walks in. He looked messed up, his face was covered in bandages and he complained about hearing a whistling noise in his head while walking closer to the group. Before he could reach them, they heard a flesh slashing sound and the demon fell to the ground.
''Yeon ?''

A/N

I initially thought I could wrap up this fanfic in 40 chapters

I initially thought I could wrap up this fanfic in 40 chapters. I was so wrong, but im not complaining.