25. Take your chance

After Rang's indirect request for y/n to join him to watch Yeo hee's performance, the two sat at a table not too far away from the stage. Despite Yeo hee's sour mood due to y/n's presence she didn't let it show much in her singing.
She's pretty and talented. Apart from being a little naive, overall she seems to be a good person. Im afraid im making things difficult for her. Y/n thought, eyes on the mermaid while the gumiho's gaze was fixed on her.

The atmosphere lightened up after a few minutes as everyone was indulged in Yeo hee's melodic voice. Soon the people in the room got up from their seats to dance in pairs to the song she was singing. It was perfect for a slow dance. Except for y/n and Rang's table, all the others were empty. Y/n did feel a little weird being the only one still seated but she didn't pay much mind to it.
''Excuse me, would you like to dance with me ?'' A tall good looking man, seemingly in his mid twenties, approached y/n with a smile. Y/n was caught by surprise simultaneously processing an answer.

''No, thank you--'' She decided to politely decline his request but the man insisted.
''Just one dance.'' Y/n slightly glanced at Rang to find him paying no attention to whatever conversation she's having.

''Alright

''Alright.'' Y/n agreed with a smile, walking away with the person as they start to dance.
''I dont mean to sound creepy or anything but since the moment you entered, I couldn't take my eyes off you.'' Y/n could say that he was genuine or her sixth sense would've warned her until now.

Meanwhile Rang :

''You-- you're beautiful

''You-- you're beautiful.''
''Thank you.''
''No, thank you. I actually didnt think you would agree to dance with me.'' 
''Why wouldn't I ?''
''It seemed like you were already with someone and also because I have the worst luck.'' Y/n smiled at his reply.
''You politely asked and I agreed. It's just a dance.''
''Oh, rude of me to not even introduce myself. My name's Ha ru. Ahn Ha ru. And--'' The gumiho who'd been watching, no, staring the two since before finally walked to them making them pause in both speech and dancing. Rang stood beside y/n, giving Ha ru a stern look.

''When you asked for a dance, did you mean you'd continue dancing even after the first song ends and the second one starts ?'' Rang asked clenching his fists, trying his best to end this on verbal terms.
''Im afraid I lost track of that, im sorry.'' Ha ru spoke looking at y/n maintaining his calm composure.
''It's alright, there's no need for apologies.''
''I hope to see you again sometime. I'll take my leave now.'' Ha ru walked away as Rang's eyes followed him till the end. He turned back to y/n when he felt her gently unclench his fingers.
To Rang, the time felt frozen as he just stood there with y/n holding onto her hand that she was about to pull away.

Yeo hee, who couldn't bear the scene in front of her let out a loud shriek, enough to make any human deaf. In an instant, Rang embraced y/n sprinting out of the club with the rest of the people who were running hither thither.
''Are you alright ?'' Rang asked when they were farther away from the club, arms still wrapped around y/n. The latter nodded slowly looking over her as the gumiho loosened the hold. Both of them stood in silent awkwardness for a few seconds until Rang spoke up.
''Let's leave, it's getting late.''
''Aren't you going back to see Yeo hee ?''
''Do you want me to ?''
''I mean, we just kind of walked out in the middle of the performance.''
''With the rest of the people who still want functioning ears.'' Rang stated in his usual nonchalant tone to which y/n couldn't say anything more but walk back to Myoyeongak with him.

''Are you hungry ?'' The couple synced when they saw a food stall next to them.
''What do you want to have ?'' Rang asked y/n, walking in, eyeing a table.
''Naengmyeon.'' Y/n knew that the shop was closing up as it was already pretty late. Though she decided not to say anything about it because they had already stepped in the restaurant. There was no way Rang would walk back without having naengmyeon now.
''Bring me two bowls of naengmeyon.''
''We're closed. No more customers.'' The owner said in a disinterested tone looking at the two. It didnt take much time for Rang to change the owners mind and make him bring the food to them.

The next thing y/n knew was they were slurping on delicious noodles sitting opposite each other.
''What are you thinking about ?'' She asked seeing the gumiho take a long pause between his next bite. Rang just smiled as he continued eating, thinking about what he was thinking. If it was anyone else, they would've been scared, afraid or taken aback by his methods of convincing. What he was amused about was y/n seemed too calm about all of it, she didnt even flinch. Like she was used to it, like she knew Rang since long (which she did).
''Should we order more ?'' Rang asked seeing y/n eat well as the latter nodded in reply.
''Should we take something for Ora-- Yeon too ?'' Y/n asked casually making a conversation, the awkwardness from before long vanished.
''He might already be asleep.''
''I have a feeling he might still be up.''

Standing in front of the gates of Myoyeongak, y/n turned around at Rang's sudden halt.
''Aren't you coming ?'' She asked as Rang shook his head lightly.
''I have something to do.''
''Then why did you..... Come all the way with me....'' Y/n trailed her words in a low voice, wondering the 'why'.
''I won't see you go in.'' He said as he turned around to leave.

''I've already entered Myoyeongak, what is he talking about ?'' Y/n murmured inaudibly shaking her head in confusion

The next morning,
When y/n opened the door of her room to step out, she picked up something kept in front of the threshold. 
''A flower bouquet ? Of Azaleas ?''

A/N

POV : A peek inside Rang's head when Ha ru danced with y/n :

We all know this was Rang's intrusive thought heh.

Thank you for 20k+ reads everyone ! Thank you for being so patient with me, ik it can be a little annoying with the updates.