18. The golden ruler

''Rang, wake up. We know you aren't sleeping.'' Yeon sang while Shin ju tried his best not to burst into laughter. They were teasing Rang while he pretended to be asleep hoping that the two could be quiet. Unfortunately for Rang, the chaos near his ears only increased.

''What's up with you guys ?! Can you be normal for once ?'' Rang irritatedly sat up as the two quickly shifted away from him but didnt entirely give up.
''Okay, how about you answer one question and we'll leave.'' Yeon said sharing mischievous looks with Shin ju.
''Where were you last night ?''
''What do you mean ? I came back with Shin ju. Didn't you know ?'' Rang asked playing dumb.

''I left your side as soon as we entered Myoyeongak after you yelled at me.'' Shin ju said casually as Yeon raised an eyebrow at Rang.
''You were not in your senses last night maybe that's why you entered y/n's room instead of ours, right ?'' Yeon passed a smug smile while Rang was put to silence.
''I was waiting when you'd come back and I fell asleep when you didnt. What were you doing there for so long ?'' Yeon asked when Rang opened his mouth to fabricate a story but it was of no use.
''Get out of the room you two !'' Rang could only yell as he threw pillows at the other two succeeding in driving them out of the room.

Y/n walked her way to Rang and Yeon's room, still thinking about what happened last night. She felt like she woke up from a dream or something.

''Did that really happen last night? And why do I feel like I am cheating on Rang.... with Rang ? That doesnt even make sense.'' She talked to herself,
''But I shouldn't get ahead of myself. The reason for Rang's actions last night is still unclear. From what I perceive, it could be because I look like y/n to him. But somewhere deep down, I hope it's not just that.''

''It's so fun seeing him flip out like that.''
''But he didnt deny what we said, did he ?''
''Who didnt deny what ?'' Y/n asked popping in the conversation between Yeon and Shin ju.
''I just realized I had something to do.'' Shin ju mapped his escape from the topic.

''How are you feeling ?'' Yeon asked y/n dodging the question she asked before.
''I feel fine. I was coming to see how Rang's doing.''
''You should've come a minute earlier. You missed the golden scene.'' Yeon said chuckling to himself when he abruptly paused.
''Isn't that the mermaid ?'' He said making y/n turn around to see her enter Rang's room.
''What is she doing here ?''
''Let's find out.''

The two stood near the door eavesdropping on the conversation.
''Orabeoni, do we really have to hide like this ?'' Y/n asked looking up at Yeon who was way into this whole act.
''Yeah ofcourse. That's how it's supposed to be. Dont you watch movies ?''
''And you want me to call you Orabeoni ?''
''Shh, let me hear them talk.''

''What are you doing here ?'' Rang asked in his usual tone.
''I came to see if you're alright.'' She said raising her hand to place on his forehead but Rang moved back.
''Dont touch me.''
''Thank goodness. You're alright.''
''If you're done then leave.''
''I heard foxes repay kindness. I know what I did yesterday wasn't much but I did help. Can you do something I ask of you ?''

''A fox must repay kindness, regardless of its will. What a lame rule. What do you want ?'' Rang asked uninterestingly.
''I... I want to fall in love.'' The mermaid said making y/n and Yeon's eyes go wide as they shared bewildered looks.
''Not in your right mind, huh ? Do I look like a matchmaker.'' Rang said looking at the mermaid as if she was spewing nonsense.

''Right, I forgot how clueless Rang can be when it comes to these things, for his own good. She'd rather ask him to rob someone.'' Y/n said sighing in relief.
''Exactly, for his own good. I wont let him bring seafood in the lineage of nine tailed foxes.''
''You are speaking like some orthodox ahjussi, Orabeoni.''
''Yah, im on your side. Cut me some slack will you ?'' Y/n shook her head as she focused on the conversation again.