31. Im yours

''Fine, i'll play. But if I win you will return back the lifespan of everyone standing here, including my brother.''
''No, Yeon. You wont play.'' Everyone's attention had now shifted to y/n who stood holding Rang's hand as well as the dim lit candle.
''Y/n, dont even think about doing this yourself--'' Yeon immediately warned the younger thinking back on every similar past situation.
''Dont worry, I wont. Rang will.''
''The conditions remain the same. He will win and you will return back his life span and of all of these deities.'' Y/n spoke to the dokgakgwi who scoffed at her confidence in Rang.

''He barely has a day. Let him die in peace, wont you girl ? What will he even give me if he loses ?'' Dokgakgwi laughed.
''I'll give you my lifespan if he loses.'' Y/n made a statement that made the Lee brothers look at her bewildered.
''I hope that's enough for you to stop chatting and start playing.'' She added.
''Y/n you--''
''Rang, we dont have enough time. Remember what I told you.'' Rang nodded after a moment, y/n let go of her hold as the gumiho sat opposite the demon, and the game begin. The atmosphere was filled with tension as everyone eagerly waited to see the winner.
''Call.''
The dokgakgwi put his cards on the floor, everyone went pale. There's no way Rang would win, they thought. Rang glanced at y/n who slightly nodded, at that Rang showed his cards.

''He won. Rang won !'' Yeon cheered as he embraced Rang in a warm hug while the dokgakgwi who had bet all his life span wailed. The rest of the deities rejoiced for now, they would get their life spans back too.
Y/n signalled the brothers as they walked a few steps away from the crowd.
''How'd you guys do this ? I mean how did you win ?'' Yeon asked y/n and Rang as soon as they stepped away from the people. The couple looked at each other and smiled.
''The dokgakgwi was cheating he hid a card in his hand. That's why he won every game.''
''What a sly bastard. But how did you know he was cheating ?''
''Well, let's just say a fairy told me.'' Y/n looked at Rang with a knowing smile which he returned.
''Ah, I see. You both know it but wont tell me. Fine, let it be among you kids.''

''Ahm ! The dokgakgwi lost all his life span and you know he cheated. Now he's at your mercy mountain god Yeon. Do what you feel right.'' Y/n said.
''Right, i'll go and take care of that.'' Yeon had walked away but turned around, came back and hugged Rang again.
''Im glad you're alright.'' He pulled away and smacked Rang's arm.
''Don't go around gambling your life again, did you get it ?'' He scolded as Rang hissed in pain.
''Arasseo, now leave, will you ?''

Now only Rang and y/n stood facing each other in complete silence. Not knowing what to do, y/n spoke first as they walked together.
''The angel spirit who helped us, she's a fairy spirit, seonnyeobu-in. She had helped me before and was kind enough to tell me to call for her anytime I needed her. If not for her, we would be in a situation.''
''Why did you ask me to bet again ? I would've lost again and it would cost you your life. I was on the brink of death anyways.'' Y/n looked at Rang as if this wasn't the first time he asked something like this.
''Because I trust you. And practically speaking, you're the most clever gumiho I know. There's no way you would lose a gambling round with a demon who only wins by cheating. I would bet all my life span on you any day.''

Rang looked at y/n as if he couldn't yet fathom the reason for her unshakable trust in him, but somehow the warmth of someone believing in him felt familiar.
''Now can I ask you something ?'' Rang nodded, stepping out of his castle of thoughts.
''Why did you do that ? Why did you gamble your life ? Rang as far as I know-- I mean as far i've gotten to know you, you are a survivor. And you dont seem like someone who would give up on his life so easily.'' Rang stood silent for a moment as if replaying a memory in his mind to put it to words.

''Cheon Moo yeong. He told me that..... That y/n will reincarnate in the future and her life will be in peril. I will be the reason for it. Her life will turn upside down because of me. I will be her demise.''
''Rang, that's not true. He-- he's wrong, alright ?'' Y/n caressed his face when she noticed his eyes getting watery. Rang held the same hand as he said,
''When I saw you for the first time, all I could think of was you looked and sounded exactly like my first love. You even had the same name, y/n. And I thought maybe that was the reason I stayed back when you asked me to, I couldn't stay apart from you. Maybe that was why I believed everything you said even if it made no sense, the rain drops felt a little less piercing in your embrace. Maybe that is why I hoped.

Why, why do I feel like i'd do anything just to see that smile on your face once again ? Why do you keep walking in danger just for me ? Why do you like azaleas ? How do you know my likes and dislikes ? How do you know when to hold me back and when to let me go ? How do you know me more than myself ? How do you know about y/n, about my promise to her that no one knows about ?

I had all these questions and more that I never dared to ask you. Because I was scared. Fearful that i'd lose you in search of these questions.'' Rang left hold of y/n's hands as he took a step back,
''Y/n, i'll continue to stay like this. If you can't answer these questions, its alright, you dont have to. But if what Cheon Moo yeong said is true.....
I don't want you to disappear on me y/n. You won't see me again, i'll stay out of your sight and life. I'll maintain my distance but...
I'd die before causing you any pain or suffering. It isn't in me to bear that. I'll give away my life, its yours anyways. Im yours.''

A/N

Phew... Hey readers ! We are more than halfway through the story.
I had a question, ik I have a lot of questions these days. Do y'all watch turkish dramas ? I have watched a few but I love them. So what's you guys's view if I write a fanfiction on a character from a turkish drama ?