42. Stuck with me

Y/N

When we opened our eyes, we were in the After life Immigration Office. It felt like we had teleported—which we kinda did—to the present time.
''It feels like im waking up from a mild hangover.'' Shin ju-ssi muttered as he shook his head to clear his vision when a voice made us turn our heads.
''Y/n !'' Rang called out as he ran upstairs and pulled me in his arms. I thought he'd let go after a few seconds but the embrace only got more intimate.
''Yah ! Take this home !'' Granny yelled at Rang from downstairs. That felt a little embarrassing. I mean, sure, I wanted this hug badly too but not here.
''Rang, everyones here...'' I whispered.
''I dont care. I won't let you go no matter who interrupts.'' He whispered back nudging closer then spoke louder,
''Everyone can leave the room for a while.''
''Right, I should go see Ji ah.''
''I should get back to Yu ri-ssi as well.'' Orabeoni & Shin ju-ssi walked down to their escape before granny's potential explosion.
''What ?! This the After life Immigration Office not your personal apartment ! How dare you ask me to come and go according to--''
''Let's go granny, come in after some time. He's meeting his wife after a long while, let him be.'' Orabeoni said taking granny out of the Office with him.
''A long while ? It's only been three days.'' Granny's voice faded in the background. So time really did flow differently. It was only three days. Sorry, more like three whole days.

''Did you miss me so bad ?'' I asked as Rang replied with a hum.
''Every second of the 72 hours without you felt like torment.''
''Im sorry.'' Rang slowly pulled away looking at me with confusion.
''It's nothing for you to apologize. Granny told me what happened.'' But I couldn't look at Rang. My head hung low as tears threatened to fall from my eyes that hesitated to meet with his.
''Y/n, what's wrong ? Look at me.'' Rang caressed my face, lightly lifting it up.
''Im sorry, I took so long to be back. I made you wait a lot, without any word of return, I left you alone. You must have felt so betrayed, so exhausted, passing time without any clue of when you would see me again. If I could turn back time, I would never have asked you to.... I would never have done the same. Such a cruel thing to ask of someone....'' I spoke in between sobs. I felt terrible for leaving the Rang of 1938 behind. I spoke poetic hopeful words to him while I was there but the truth was that was just me coping with the situation.

I died hundreds of years ago leaving Rang behind with the word to wait for me, to find me. Promising that i'd come back when I myself didn't know for sure. Maybe I didn't give it much thought because I never knew how Rang was when I wasn't there. How he had no one to lean on, to trust, no one to call family. It's easy for me because I didn't go through the incomprehensible pain and madness of longing that he did. The loneliness of not having a companion is something I would never know how it felt, if I hadn't went back in time and seen Rang go through it. He didn't deserve it. He could have lived a better life if only he wasn't binded to my hopeless word.
Perhaps Rang understood that I wasn't just talking about the past three days. He wiped my tears and gave me a slight smile.

''Lee Y/n, you could leave without a note, without a word. You could disappear or vanish. I would wait for you to be back. You could take as long as you want, a lifetime, an eternity. I would wait for you under any circumstances. And if needed, I would even go after you to find you, be it in a different time line or the after life. You're stuck with me for forever y/n. Seeing your face in my dream is enough, hearing your voice in my head is enough, the illusion of you that I might hallucinate is enough. As long as you exist anywhere in these realms, im never alone.'' Rang said now bringing our faces closer, touching our temples.
''You can never do or be anything bad for me. Everything that you do, say, you in yourself are a bliss to me. You've brought nothing but happiness to me. How could I not be greedy and want to wait for you ? How could I not want you ?''

''Rang....''
''Hm ?''
''I really love you.'' He gave me a smile so wide, I forgot I was crying a minute ago.
''I too love you, y/n. Only you. In this and every lifetime to come.'' Rang leaned in, gently placing a kiss on my forehead. A knock on the door then granny's nagging came through.
''Im coming in ! Cant believe I have to do this to enter my own place.. '' We passed out a chuckle then stepped downstairs,
''Sorry granny, we put you in a situation.'' I said passing an apologetic smile.
''Not you my child. Your husband put me and everybody in this office through constant hell for the past three days. Just take him away from here before I lose my sanity.'' What could Rang have done ? No, WHAT could Rang have done ?

A/N

No, this is not the last chapter dear readers