15. Follow your heart

After the heated discussion Rang parted ways with y/n as she walked to Myoyeongak by herself. Or so she thought not knowing someone was following her, making sure she was safe passing through the dark alleys alone.

 Or so she thought not knowing someone was following her, making sure she was safe passing through the dark alleys alone

When he saw her getting in her room safely, only then did he rush off to his, stepping in to find Yeon acting asleep.
''I myself don't know what im doing at this point. I dont know the reason behind my actions. If I start searching answers for all the 'why's' related to me and y/n, I think i'll just end up..... Hoping.'' Rang thought to himself, sliding in the covers when a voice behind him spoke,
''What have you been upto ?'' Yeon asked giving up on his act.
''Weren't you sleeping ?'' Rang asked dodging his question.

''You woke me up when you came in. Im a light sleeper. Also, why are you coming this late ? Your new curfew is 10pm.'' Yeon said sitting up,
''Even y/n disappeared god knows where. Look at the time, geez. I think she needs a curfew too--''
''Can you stop talking ? She was with me, she has already come back. Now stop rambling.'' Yeon bit his tongue feeling he should've been a little smarter, it was obvious if the two were not present, they would've been together.
''In that case the curfew can be extended. You know since you both would be together so its safer than being alone.'' Yeon explained some silly reason behind the curfew extension that Rang wasn't even listening to.

The next morning,
Yeon and Rang were having breakfast together,
''What ? Are you done already ? Eat some more.'' Yeon nagged Rang but the younger was just not in the mood.
''Who are you to tell me what to do ?''
''Stop acting up or else....''
''Then what ? What will you do ?'' Yeon picked up some meat in his chopsticks and flew it like a plane into Rang's mouth making him almost cuss.

''You kids just starve or eat like a bird. Y/n didnt even have breakfast today.'' Yeon spoke to himself while Rang's guilt showed on his face.
''What did you say to her ?'' Yeon asked noticing the younger's expression.
''What do you mean ?''
''She hasn't come out of her room since morning, didnt have a morsel of food. And you were the last person to see her yesterday.'' Rang was out of words. He didnt know what to say so he just sat there looking at the ground because if he looked at Yeon, the older would instantly know something happened. Yeon sighed then calmly said,
''Yah, be careful how you act around her. She's already been through enough. So have you, but im saying this because you're my brother however y/n is also precious to me.''

Yeon had to leave because apparently someone had come to meet him. After some thought, Rang decided to go to y/n but was surprised to find her standing outside his room. She was facing the door of the room, deep in her thoughts that she didn't even notice Rang standing beside her.
''What are you doing ?'' He asked making y/n jump.
''Why did you have to startle me like that ?'' Rang looked at her for a few seconds then held her hand,
''Come with me.'' Before y/n could question or argue he was already leading her to where Yeon and him were having breakfast, making her take a seat. He was moving around, refilling the side dishes, asking for fresh cutlery while y/n just sat there confused.

''Rang, what's going--''
''We'll talk when you finish the food in your plate.'' He said looking at her expectantly to take a bite.
''What ?''
''Quick or i'll have to do things my way.''
''Are you threatening me right now ?''
''Sorry, please just.... Have some of it. So I dont feel like I have something weighing down my chest.'' He murmured the last bit inaudible to y/n. Still feeling weird about the whole situation she takes a few bites and stops there.

''Eat some more.''
''That's all I can have because I just had breakfast.''
''What ?''
''What ?''
''You had breakfast ? When ? You haven't stepped out of your room since morning.''
''I had it earlier with Juk hyang in my room.'' Y/n's expression changed to a playful one when she realised what was going on.

''Wait a second, did you think I was starving myself because of whatever you said last night ? What am I, a heartbroken teenager ?'' Rang sat there with a pouty face, cursing Yeon in his mind because according to the younger whatever happened just now was Yeon's fault.
''I know where you're coming from, better than anyone. Because i've been there too. You don't know if you're suspicious of me, don't know whether to trust me or not but I understand it. And if you still stick by what you said last night, that you believe me, then I ask you to put faith in yourself. Follow your heart, that way you wont feel as lost on whom to trust.''

''So, what were you doing near my room ?'' Rang spoke after a long silence.
''Ah, right. Did you feel something weird yesterday night ?''
''As in ?''
''From the time I came back to Myoyeongak last night, I felt really uneasy. It was like, the atmosphere in here changed. It felt.... Eerie. A really bad feeling, I couldn't sleep the whole night because of it. I felt like if I close my eyes, something really bad would happen.''
''I didn't feel anything as such. Yeon, he was acting weird. He woke up in the middle of the night saying there was someone in the room. He looked pretty scared. I think maybe he felt the same thing you did.''

''You said you could see spirits and ghosts, do you think there was a spirit here last night ?''
''I cant say it was a spirit with surety. It felt much more powerful than that. I can still feel the goosebumps just talking about it.''
''What else do you remember ?''
''Bells. I think I heard the clinking of bells. They gave me a wonderful headache, I swear.'' Y/n said massaging her forehead.
''That sounds like one powerful spirit. Yeon might know something about it. We should ask him--
Here he is.'' The duo stood up when they saw Yeon walking in the room with the help of Shin ju and Hong joo. Rang and y/n shared looks with each other as they walked after the older to the room.

''What happened, Yeon ? Are you alright ?'' Y/n asked but the older was already in a panicked state while Shin ju was telling him to calm down. He moved his finger in front of his eyes,
''Do you see anything ?''
''No, I don't.''
''The lighter, please.'' Shin ju asked Rang who immediately handed him the lighter.
''I'll check your pupil reflex.'' Shin ju moved the lighter in front of Yeon's eyes but nothing happened.
''There's no response. I think..... You've lost your sight.''

''Just in case, try to minimize your eye irritation.'' Shin ju said wrapping a cloth around Yeon's eyes.
''I wonder what that girl was.'' Yeon had told about what he'd seen last night, and y/n too had shared her part of the story.
''I don't know about that but it was a powerful curse.''
''Just looking at it puts a curse on you ? I've never heard of a demon like that.'' Rang spoke looking at y/n who was anxiously pacing around the room.
''That's not the problem. Who would think to deliver a curse on me in the year 1938 to the exact address of Myoyeongak ?''

''So you're saying it wasn't just a vengeful demon who randomly haunted you ? Someone put a curse on you intentionally ? Then there's only one person. The red-white mask bastard.'' Y/n spoke with resentment and if Yeon could see, he would be staring at y/n like the other two.
''Shin ju, please fix my eyes. I don't have time for this.''
''I'll try my best. Give him porridge, he'll need the energy.''
''I'll come with you.'' Shin ju & y/n left in a hurry to find the cure.

When they came back in an hour or so,
''We've found a way but we're not sure about the results.'' Y/n said sharing a look with Shin ju,
''Let's have an exorcism.''

A/N

Yesterday was the gumiho's day aka Kim beom's birthday. Just curious have any of you watched any of his dramas other than tale of the nine tailed ?