14. I'll believe that too

''You dont have to stay strong all the time.'' Y/n's mind struck with a strong deja vu. Rang said those words to her when she needed it the most, at her fathers funeral. Once again she was reminded that Rang is still Rang, be it 1938 or the time she came from. Rang always told her he wasn't good at comforting people but he always managed to calm y/n's wild anxieties. Sometimes by words and sometimes by hugs, mostly the latter.
''Thank you, Rang. You spoke quite well for someone who doesnt know how to comfort others.''
''Yeah, im surprised myself.''

''It's not midnight yet. So I can ask you a question, right ?'' Rang asked as y/n slowly nodded.
''What is your name ?'' Maybe Rang still was doubtful about the actual fact behind the name of the woman standing in front of him. She looked like y/n, sounded the same, and her name is the same too ? Rang being doubtful of that wanted to confirm it.
''Y/n. Jeon y/n.'' In a way y/n was saying the truth. Her name in the past life was 'Hwan y/n'. And in this life was Jeon y/n and well, Lee y/n too. So even if she answered with either of them, she wasn't lying.
Rang just nodded with a expression that y/n couldn't decipher. A bittersweet expression.

''Do you believe me ? I could be lying.'' Y/n felt that Rang took that information too easily than he usually would when he's suspicious of something.
''I don't know, I just do. I feel like I trusted you the moment you told me that you would answer my questions truthfully. I normally wouldn't even have told this.'' Rang, as everyone already knows is very reserved with his thoughts and feelings and rarely shares them. But its a total flip when it comes to y/n. He's highly expressive of his emotions, in a way they get heightened when he's around her. But to the Rang of 1938, all of this is unusual because the woman standing in front of him isn't y/n to him. Which leaves him puzzled and puts him in a predicament.

Before either of the two could say something to break the silence (and eye contact) they heard laughter and loud singing from behind them which seemed to get closer and closer every second.
''That voice sounds awfully familiar.'' Y/n mumbled turning around anticipating whoever was coming.
The singing stopped abruptly when the person came face to face with y/n and Rang.
''Shin ju-ssi ?''
''Y/n-ssi ! Lee rang-nim !'' Shin ju happily sprinted towards y/n to give her a hug only to get kicked by Rang.
''Rang, what was that ?'' Y/n scowled at the gumiho, more like in disbelief.
''I thought he was coming at me.'' Rang shrugged looking away while Yeon just watched the scene with an amused smile.

''Shin ju-ssi, are you alright ? Where were you all this time ?'' Y/n asked as the latter stood up on his feet.
''Dont even get me started. I--''
''He couldn't find us, so he got a job and had to work hard because he had no money. TMI, he also got robbed during this time.'' Yeon spoke in Shin ju's stead or they would have to experience a full story time.
''That sounds harsh.''
''Let's go, im sure he has more to share.''

•••

Y/n walked around Myoyeongak looking for Juk hyang, when she finally spots her standing with the other gisaengs.
''Unnie, you're back.'' Juk hyang shifted her expression from worried to welcoming.
''I was looking for you. I got treats for you while coming back from work today. I couldn't find you so I gave it to your roommate, she'll hand it to you when you head back.''
''Really ? Thank you so much.'' Y/n looked at the women talking among themselves with worry written all over their faces.

''Is something wrong here, Juk hyang ?'' Y/n finally asked.
''It's madam. She's going against those Japanese soldiers.'' Y/n curiously looked at what was happening when her eyes landed on Rang sprinting away. And from the way he took his steps, y/n could make out he was not in the best mood, something was wrong. She left her curiousity about what was going on behind and went after Rang. It was difficult to catch pace with the gumiho, but her eyes followed him entering a place called Paradise club.