35. The end of Shinigami Mercenaries

Y/n

We needed to send Yeo hee out of the hotel so we walked in haste towards the entrance only to witness a crowd full of people in the lobby with paled expressions

We needed to send Yeo hee out of the hotel so we walked in haste towards the entrance only to witness a crowd full of people in the lobby with paled expressions. The air in here doesnt feel right, was the first thought that popped in my brain.
The ominous feeling was answered when two people came rolling down the stairs, a man and a woman. The woman made inhuman sounds and when she finally looked up, I was frozen.
''It's a Yacha.'' I speak standing still until my senses kicked in again. The yacha sprinted towards us, being the nearest to it. Rang pulled his weapon out and pushed the yacha across the room but the lobby was now in chaos. Everyone was running for their lives and in the process, creating more victims for the yacha.

The three of us hid behind a table taking advantage of the darkness.
''How'd this happen ?'' Rang whisper-talked.
''Wonder how Cheon Moo yeong suddenly disappeared when he saw you ?'' Just the name changed Rang's facial expression.
''Let's move to a safe place for now.'' He said giving me a glance that I inferred as 'follow me'. He had only taken a few steps but the sound attracted some yacha's towards us. Upon that Yeo hee's 'almost' scream.
''Dont. Say. A. Word.'' I clamped my hand on her mouth to refrain attracting any more walking dead's.

A door burst open and Shin ju-ssi and Doo mok walked in, slashing through the yacha's.
''Be careful ! They can withstand the blade.'' Rang warned the two. Doo mok said we should get up stairs first and it was no time to argue so we agreed. They cleared the path for us as we sprinted towards the wooden staircase.
To our luck, the third floor was free of these creatures.
''You two stay here for the time being.'' Rang said as he turned to leave when Yeo hee held his hand,
''What about you ?'' He glanced at me then let go of his hand from the hold.
''I'll get the others back.'' I nodded. He didn't have to say that. I know, he'll come back.

''Dont come out of the room until I am back.'' I did not want him to waste any time standing here while Doo mok and Shin ju-ssi battle those creatures downstairs. I gave Yeo hee a 'let's go' look and headed to the door, opened it, only for someone to come at me like a rabid animal. Yeo hee screamed at the scene. I pushed the yacha off me, out in the passage way as Rang drew a dagger through his heart, once, twice, several times. He moved his concerned gaze at me, rushing towards me with trembling hands that probably missed his notice.

''Y/n, y/n. Are-- are you alright ? Do you--'' I held his shaking hands, remaining calm cause one of us has to be.
''Im alright, Rang. Nothing happened to me.'' His gaze followed to my shoulder that was soaked in blood.
''Dont worry, it's not mine. Im not hurt anywhere.'' He shut his eyes for a moment as he breathed in from relief. I get it. We've been close to losing each other so many times that even a minor accident or misfortune makes us tremble and panic.
But that was the story of the past. It wont be the case any more for the Rang of this time. He's not going to lose any more people. I wont let anything bad happen to him.