37. Love you in every life

Heeding y/n's words, Rang did agree on meeting Yeo hee but the silence that surrounded him while sitting beside her didnt go away even after his constant finger tapping on his palm. Breaking the ice, Yeo hee extended a glass jar to the gumiho who looked at her with a question mark.
''A gift.'' She explained.
''Paper Cranes ?'' Yeo hee nodded.
''I folded one hundred of them thinking of you. Then your love comes true, they say.'' Rang didnt say anything for a moment then put forth a question.

''Yeo hee, do you know why I kept rejecting you ?''
''Because you aren't over your first love...? Madam (Snail bride) told me you liked her a lot.''
''What else did she tell you ?''
''Not much.'' Yeo hee looked like she wanted to say something but she was holding it back, which Rang noticed.
''Go on, ask me anything. Today i'll answer everything truthfully.''
''What did you like about her ?''
''We knew each other since we were children. I still dont know when and how I fell for her. Maybe I liked her from the moment I set my gaze on her or maybe as we gradually spent time together over the years. I liked everything about her, her eyes that shined when she talked passionately about the things she liked, her laugh at my silly jokes, her desire to be able to be of help to everyone who needed it, her courage and perseverance, everything. I never thought she would like me too, though I hoped.''

''If you both liked each other then what happened ?'' Yeo hee continued as this was the first time Rang opened up to her.
''She.....died.'' There was a long silence until Rang spoke with a bitter smile,
''Maybe I should have folded one hundred paper cranes too. Instead of killing thousands of innocent people, if I had done something else maybe I wouldn't have to suffer a cruel fate. If I had saved her, protected her, kept my word then.....'' Rang stopped abruptly.
''Even if she's no longer, you still continue to....''
''Yes, I continued to wait for her and will continue to love her. Foxes only love one person for the rest of their life, and even if it was otherwise I would fall for y/n in every lifetime.''

Yeo hee thought she heard wrong so she repeated,
''Y/n ?''
Rang gave a slight nod and now everything made sense to the mermaid, all the dots connected. She felt a little bad for not knowing about y/n's identity and started rethinking all her actions.
''So, the person you've been waiting for is y/n ? But she came with Yeon and he is leaving, she's going along with him ? How can she leave if she... Wait, she's a human right, so did she lose memory of her past life because of her reincarnation so she doesnt know exactly who you are ? What are you--''
''Geez, you talk a lot. Calm down.'' Rang broke the soft character he was playing since the start of the conversation.

''Looks like i'll have to explain everything to you, but keep it to yourself.'' Rang revealed everything to Yeo hee about y/n's time travel journey which slowly made her eyes go wider.
''Amazing how y/n knew I might need to tell you this.''
''So, she's going to leave ?'' Rang hummed in reply.
''And you ?''
''I'll wait for her, until we meet again.''
''You really......love her a lot.'' Rang looked at her,
''I didnt fold a hundred paper cranes, Yeo hee but someone like me found y/n again. You're a nice person, you'll definitely find someone right for you.''

Yeo hee stayed silent then suddenly stood up and extended her hand asking for the jar of paper cranes back,
''You dont know how to make these, do you ? Perhaps you are right. You should've made these for y/n.'' Rang just stared at her clueless of where she's leading the conversation.
''I'll teach you. I'll show you how to make these so you can make as many as you wait for her. And when you finally meet her, you can give her the paper cranes. Maybe the wait won't feel long if you have a friend by your side. Though I dont know how you feel about befriending a half blood mermaid.'' Rang smiled as he stood up facing Yeo hee.

''Your company and paper cranes in exchange of me attending your concerts and stopping you from making dumb decisions..... Does it sound like a fair deal to you ?'' Rang smirked making Yeo hee innocently think about more options.
''I could also help you choose nice ties--''
''No ! No more ties. I've given up on wearing ties.'' Rang exclaimed as scenes of y/n's temper flashed through his mind.
''Let's just stick with the unfair deal but no ties.'' He spoke as if it was a nightmare. Rang's terrified face made y/n silently giggle as she looked at hik from a distance.

''Im glad they're on better and clearer terms now.'' Y/n smiled to herself speaking in her mind. She knew that with Yeon and her both leaving, Rang would be left alone. In that state it would be better to have a friend who can check up on him and be with him during grey days. As much as Rang needed a friend, so did Yeo hee. She still had a lot to learn about the world and in Rang, she could confide and he would keep her from harm. Destiny always makes you cross with people you need the most. You can make them leave or stay depending on your choices.

A/N

We are nearing the end guys