23. I may misunderstand

''Why aren't you asleep yet ?'' Rang's voice made y/n turn around. With the moonlight shining over his face she almost called him gorgeous out loud. Y/n was used to late night walks thanks to the man asking the question himself. Ofcourse, she couldn't ask to do the same with him in 1938, so she strolled by herself.
''Just cause. Why are you still awake ?'' Y/n asked continuing to walk now with Rang joining her too.
''Just cause.'' His reply made a smile creep on y/n's lips until the memory of what she said earlier in the day hit her.

''About what I said today..... That Mi ho is our child. I just said that because im concerned about the news getting out that the child they're looking for is here at Myoyeongak. Although Shin ju-ssi seemed to trust Eun ho-ssi quite a lot, it's better to be precautious so I just acted on instinct. I wasn't thinking--- No, it's not that I wasn't thinking before saying something like that, but it just turned out--''
''I didn't ask.'' Rang said calmly, interrupting the speech y/n was narrating. If it wasn't so dark to confirm, y/n would've thought she saw a faint smile on Rang's face.
''Oh. I just didn't want you to misunderstand.'' She spoke in a low voice almost as if to herself, but the guy in front of her is a nine tailed fox. (Let's not forget, guys)

''I didn't want anything bad to happen to Mi ho. And neither did Yeon, he just cant do stuff like that, I know him. He lacks the guts.'' Rang brought up abruptly but y/n understood it was about how the two have been careless with Mi ho.
''I know. I---'' Y/n paused when her eyes captured something suspicious.
''Rang, isn't that Hong joo-ssi ? Why is she sneaking into your room ?'' Y/n whispered, quickly pulling the gumiho beside him making him witness the same scene.
''The only people who are in the room right now are Yeon, Shin ju and Mi ho....'' He said looking at her with crossed brows. The two conversed through eyes as they walked after Hong joo.

Y/n's eyes widened as she saw Hong joo picking up Mi ho from beside a fast asleep Yeon.
''What are you doing right now ?'' Y/n exclaimed loud enough to wake up the gumiho's. Shin ju immediately light up candles as his reflexes; afraid of who might be in the room.
''It's not what it looks like.'' Hong joo said-standing up-keeping Mi ho back.
''What's going on here ?'' Yeon questioned at the unfolding chaos.
''The governors office offered a deal. If I don't bring the baby, Orchid will die.''

''So, were you going to give Mi ho to them ?'' Y/n asked bizzare-d by Hong joo's actions.
''I've already made my choice.'' She simply replied. Y/n looked at Yeon gesturing him to talk to his friend of old times. The older got up, walked with Rang to a distance in the room, whispered something to him and came back to the two ladies who were having a staring competition.
''Okay, Hong joo can take the child the cops are looking for.''
''What ?! Yeon, I too want to save Orchid but im not giving away Mi ho. Anyone who's against it, try to even go near Mi ho.'' Y/n said eyeing the female Mountain God.

''Calm down. We are not abandoning Mi ho like that, y/n.'' Yeon spoke in a composed manner, much to y/n's frustration.
''Then what ?''
''We are gumiho's remember ? And gumiho's are also great at shape shifting. Well, atleast Rang is. Aren't you ?'' Yeon winked at the younger who just cringed because he wasn't completely in agreement with the idea.
''Why don't you do the disguise ?''
''Please hang in there until we save Orchid. You've been doing the disguises anyway. Y/n will give you some words of motivation.'' Yeon said turning Rang to face y/n.

''Rang, please--''
''Okay, okay. Fine, i'll do it.'' The gumiho turned back, flustered.
''The face card always works.'' Yeon muttered to himself while Hong joo was just watching everything curiously.
''Everyone remember, this operation is just between us.''

•••

Y/n was waiting for the gumiho's at Myoyeongak with Mi ho. It had been hours since they left to get the job done. A few minutes ago, she had heard the sky thunder. Peculiar for that to happen in a clear weather. She knew, it was Yeon. Probably a signal or a sign, which didnt really help with her anxiety.
Minutes later, she saw Shin ju and Yeon come in with Orchid, followed by Hong joo.

''Are you two alright ?'' Y/n asked the gumiho's who nodded in reply and lifted Mi ho in their arms, first thing.
''Where's Rang ?''
''He should be here by now too.'' Yeon's reply didnt really satisfy y/n so she hurried towards the main gate of Myoyeongak and finally stopped when she saw Rang coming up the stairs.

''Y/n, what are you doing out here ? And why are you--?''
''Are you alright ? Why is there blood on your shirt ? Are you hurt ?'' Y/n bombarded the guy standing in front of her, with questions to which he didnt know how to react to.
''Im totally fine. It was just a scratch, it healed. So im alright now.''
''Are you sure ? It wasn't anything serious, right ?''
''Y/n, if you do this, I might misunderstand this time.''

A/N

Hey readers, how is everyone ?
So, I mentioned this in 'Red light' fanfic's latest update but i'll say it here too. I had initially thought of resuming the said fanfic after completing 'Back to you'. But i've now decided that it will be one update in sequence in both these ff's. Like if one chapter of 'Back to you' is uploaded now, the next chapter that will be uploaded will be of 'Red light' and this will be the loop. That way i'll make some progress (ig) or the fanfics will remain stuck for a long time.

So that was it. I just wanted to let you guys know.

Also, Random question-
What is that one/two song that you listen to when you're having a hard time. Not to cheer oneself up but more like a comforting song, y'know.
It's 'Safe and sound' sung by Taylor swift for me and 'That's okay' by Do kyungsoo.