13. The indigenous god

Y/n paced around Yeon and Rang's room waiting for them to come out so they could leave for the hair salon. She had breakfast alone today because of whatever happened last night with Rang. She knew it would be too much tension if she shared space with him anywhere. She was actually glad Yeon would be there at the hair salon, she just has to keep her distance from Rang for the time being.

''Y/n, here you are. How long have you been waiting ?'' Yeon asked inviting y/n in the room as she avoided Rang's gaze on her.
''A while. Aren't you ready ?''
''Im all done, it's this kid who's taking time. Help him, will you ? I'll wait outside.'' Yeon said giving y/n a wink as he escaped out of the room leaving y/n frozen.
Before I do something about Rang, I need to do something about Yeon. Orabeoni.

Y/n finally turned around to face Rang who immediately looked away back to struggling with his tie. Y/n sighed, shaking her head as she walked towards the gumiho.
''Let me do it.'' She said turning his shirt's collars upwards, taking the tie from his hands while Rang couldn't even blink, holding a long fixed look. And yet again he was the one who felt affected by her mere presence, the touch of her hands, the closeness of her breath.
Admiring every feature of her face, when she turned him to look in the mirror, he thought the only flaw of hers was him standing beside her.

''I still cant understand how a grown up gumiho cant make his own tie.'' Y/n mumbled as the image of the girl and Rang at the boutique flashed in front of her.
''There are somethings that even gumiho's cant do, that we have no control over.''
''That is exactly why I told you to exchange the outfits.'' Y/n said ignoring to dwell deeper in Rang's sentence.
''I don't give up on things so easily. Plus I did exchange some of them, but I couldn't do that for every set. So just help me with this.'' Rang said as y/n gave him a crossed look.

''Please ? Can you please help me with this ?'' He rephrased with the magic word.
''Okay, let's do that tomorrow.''
''Thank you for helping me.'' He said with a slight smile.
''I thought you didn't smile often.'' Y/n said repeating Rang's words from the night they went to the boutique.
''Exactly.''

''Are you sure there's nothing in the cream ?'' Rang asked again standing in front of the hair salon dreading to step inside.
''For the third time, yes. There's nothing.'' Yeon replied tired of answering the same question.
''Damn it. I really dont want to go there again.''
''I told you guys i'd do this myself but you two wanted to play the hero. Now we're in this together.'' Y/n said pushing the door to the salon open as the trio walked in reluctantly.

''Why are you so late ? Do you think you can come and go as you please ? Now get to work already, who are you waiting for ?'' The director chided y/n then put on her annoying smile back as she greeted the gumiho's.
''Rang, about what you said yesterday about the director and the worms...''
''Do you agree with me now ?''
''She may or may not be that but she's definitely an equivalent.''

And once again the suffering of the trio continued, Yeon and Rang were being tortured by the women in the salon while y/n was made to do all the labour.
''If it wasn't the cream, there must be something else. We need to find out about that--'' Y/n talked to herself wiping the windows. She let out a silent scream when a face popped up from the other side of the window.
''Boo doo mok ?'' It was Rang's gang members smiling at y/n through the glass.
''What are you guys doing here ?'' She whisper-asked moving her hands animatedly. In answer, doo mok pointed towards Rang who was stuck in between a group of ladies. Y/n understood what he was trying to say as she made her way to the crowd, pulled Rang out of there walking out of the salon with him.

''What happened ?'' Rang asked as y/n took him to the alley near the salon. Before she could answer, doo mok walked out with the rest of the guys.
''Do you have the mirrors ?'' Rang asked coming straight to the topic.
''We got it, boss.'' Doo mok said showing a mirror the size of his palm to the other two.
''But we wanted a full length mirror....'' Y/n said exchanging a look with Rang.
''If you just take three steps back, you can see your whole body.''
''Are they seriously your gang members, cause you're poles opposite.'' Y/n sighed expecting nothing better from them while Rang just facepalmed.