41. Wait

''The real Lee Yeon is here.'' Yeon* said holding his sword over his arm.
''The opium addict Yeon of 1938. I didn't think you would come.'' Y/n said as he walked to them.
''I see you're still not afraid to speak up, y/n. I didn't know what to expect when he wrote in the letter that you are back. Guess it's true.'' Yeon* said getting a little emotional towards the end. Y/n shrugged her shoulder.
''I tried hard to hide but someone here is too good at always finding me.'' She said looking at Rang.
''Rang...'' Yeon* went in for a hug only to hear Rang's screaming.
''Ouch, you dumbass ! Im wounded all over, you're squeezing my blood out.'' In response, Yeon* smacked his shoulder.
''Language.'' He warned.

''Anyway, who was this jerk I just killed ?'' Yeon* asked.
''A Japanese demon. Boss killed the rest of them, he survived.'' Doo mok answered.
''He said he heard a whistling sound in his head. Isn't that because of the Gwiso tree ?'' Y/n asked.
''Right, Miss walking dictionary.''
''If Jae yoo has been injected this.... Yeon, we need the pisali flower.'' Right at cue, Yeon* pulled out a bottle of the same.
''I came prepared.''

At Myoyeongak,

''Y/n, time is running. You should go, I can do this by myself. I heal, you know that right ?'' Rang said the same thing for the third time as y/n blowed on his forehead and applied an ointment.
''I am almost done and I am not going anywhere before dressing your wounds.''
''You never listen to me.'' Rang sighed.
''There will be no one to treat me after you leave, it's better I dont get used to it.'' Rang blurted out and wanted to take back what he said but there was no way to do it. He didn't want to make y/n feel bad about going back to the future leaving his past self behind. Rang turned his head away cause he couldn't meet eyes with her.

Y/n shifted to face him, cupping his face with her hands,
''Then dont get hurt.'' She said letting go of her hold.
''And ? I'll do everything you tell me to.'' He said coming closer,
''Eat healthy, quit that alcohol, engage in activities that help other people, make new friends, stop by every night to take a look at the moon, get a nice job, and...''
''And ?'' Rang asked lessening the distance between their faces.
''And if you find time, think about me sometime.'' Rang smiled as he pulled y/n closer,
''Y/n, if you knew the number of times I think about you in a day, you'd probably call me insane.'' Rang said caressing her face as he leaned closer, when a knock on the door startled them.

''Boss, it's me, Doo mok. It's time for ma'am to leave. The ride has arrived.''
Rang sighed then looked at y/n,
''Next time, I won't let you go. No matter who interrupts.''
''That's right, until next time.... Take care of yourself Rang.'' Y/n said walking away without looking back. She sat in a car and left for the After life Immigration Office.
When she reached her destination, she got off at the gate and glanced at her watch. There wasn't much time so she ran inside the office just in time to hear Hyunuiong ask,
''Where is y/n ?''
''Im here haraboji !'' Y/n called out as she breathed some air stopping her mini-thon.
''Honey, the kids are here !''

''Thank you for everything. We couldn't have survived a day without you and granny.'' Y/n said only for the elder to pull her in a brief embrace.
''We wouldn't have either had we not seen you. Now go, you need to be back home.'' With a respectful bow, y/n walked towards Yeon and Granny.
''Was I really a good parent to you all ?'' Granny asked Yeon.
''No chance !''
''But we all really liked you.''
''I can't say for anybody else but you were and are the best granny.'' Y/n joined in the conversation passing Taluipa a warm smile which she returned.
''You guys only have two minutes.'' Hyunuiong said rushing upstairs.

''Where's Rang, y/n ?'' Yeon asked.
''It was hard to convince him to stay back at Myoyeongak. I didn't want him to come here and make things any difficult for him.''
''You did right. Not bidding farewell might be for the best.'' The trio walked towards the cabinet portal ready to step in when a voice calls out for them. Rang. He hastily walks up the stairs, standing in front of Yeon & y/n teary eyed.
''I see why it took y/n so long to come.'' Yeon said referring to Rang's bandaged wounds.  

''Im sorry, I cant send you off with a smile...'' Rang said breaking into tears as Yeon pulled him in a hug.
''I cant keep my promise..'' Rang said between sobs.
''You're a kid ?'' Yeon said lightening the mood as he broke the hug. He patted his head and said goodbye.
''I think I should add another thing to the list I told you sometime ago. Rang, im not leaving, im just coming back to you. Just wait for a while, we'll meet again very soon.'' Y/n said holding her tears back.
''I will.... I will wait for you.'' Reluctantly, y/n smiled as she walked towards the cabinet and pulled the door open.
''Goodbye.'' With that Yeon, y/n and Shin ju were back in 2023.

A/N

Yes, this is the third mini update in a day

Yes, this is the third mini update in a day. The only thing I can do to repay your wait is increase my pace of typing.