Chapter 1

(Amity Colosseum

Walking through a hallway, leading to the tournament arena, Team RWBY are chattering to one another.

Ruby: "Oh! I'm so excited about the Vytal Festival."

Blake: "You think so? I'm more concerned than thrilled."

Yang: "Hehe, I know how you feel."

Weiss: "It doesn't help that we've been randomly chosen as participants in the opening fight of the tournament."

Yang: "Who are we fighting against?"

Blake: "I believe it's Team BRNZ. But the match will start after the entrance ceremony."

Ruby: "That explains why we're armed with our weapons and the rest aren't."

Weiss: "I do wonder if we'll manage to win. I mean, Team BRNZ is a year ahead of us in Shade Academy."

Blake: "Y-Yeah, that might be troublesome."

The four girls are clouded in doubt and worry but, Ruby and Yang does their best to perk up with their teammates.

Ruby: "Come on, guys! I'm sure we can pull through."

Yang: "Yeah! We dealt with worse things before."

Weiss and Blake's mood lighten up a bit, still nervous about the opening match but, feel somewhat excited about it. 

Blake: "It's a shame that Y/N won't partake in the tournament."

Weiss: "Well, no matter what we would have said, the decision was already made by Ozpin."

Yang: "I suppose so."

Ruby: "Hehe, yeah. Then again, it would have been pretty unfair if it was 4v5."

Yang: "Well, we can always have Y/N cheer for us on the sidelines. So, that's a plus."

Ruby: "Mm-hm! Yeah! Let's do this team!"

Soon enough, once the team exit out of the hallway, they gaze upon on the entirety of the Vytal Colosseum, astonish over how many people have gathered in this one location. In front of them are all of the contestants, 32 teams which totals 128 contestants individually. All of which are lined up inside of the ring and looking up at the commentary box above them. Next to the commentary box is Y/N, who waves at his team, which they do the same happily.

Y/N: ("Good luck, girls.")

Next to him is Cinder who is sitting next to him, who glances back at him.

Cinder: "You really care about your team, huh?"

Y/N: "Hehe, yeah, I do."

Team RWBY get into position just like the other contestants while they see other teams, they're familiar with. Team JNPR, Team CVFY, Team SSSN, and Team CRDL. During the wait, Y/N looks back at the commentary box, seeing Ozpin, Glynda, Ironwood, Port, and Oobleck.