Chapter 17

Ten minutes have passed, Yang and Y/N now are holding each other's hands with Y/N still gently caressing her long golden hair. Despite how long they stay in place, it felt like time has flown by to them. This is when the door opens again, revealing to be Qrow as he enters the room. After closing the door, the huntsman then put his hands in his pockets.

Qrow: "Hey there, firecracker."

Not surprised enough to turn around, Yang addresses him.

Yang: "Hey, Uncle Qrow."

Y/N turn to look at Qrow.

Y/N: "Were you able to find anything?"

In response, Qrow shook his head. 

Qrow: "It's not like we have a lot to go on. But from what I can gather, there's an obvious connection between this incident and one you probably overlooked or didn't know about." 

Y/N: "Which is it?"

Qrow: "You two know about your upperclassmen, Team CVFY?"

Both Yang and Y/N nod that they do.

Y/N: "What about them?"

Qrow: "Well, this Coco girl told me that she saw an illusion when she was battling against a green-haired girl."

Y/N: "Green-haired girl...? That's Emerald."

Qrow: "You know her?"

Y/N: "Well, yeah. I know her and Mercury."

Qrow: "I see."

The huntsman then turns his attention to his niece.

Qrow: "Yang. Care to explain your side of this."

Yang gives a nod to him.

Yang: "Sure."

The blonde goes to explain her perspective on this whole incident once more to his uncle. 

Qrow: "Hmm... your story contradicts to the video footage."

Yang stare resolutely at Qrow.

Yang: "I'm not lying."

Qrow: "If that's the case, then you must've saw an illusion as well. And you were fighting with Mercury. Both him and this Emerald girl are on the same team in this tournament."

Yang: "You think they're behind this?"

Not liking at where this is going, Y/N stands up and chimes in.

Y/N: "T-That's not possible, Qrow. Yang, me, and the others know those people. They're our friends. And why would Mercury make Yang break his own leg?" 

Qrow: "Kid, calm down."

Y/N slowly goes back to sitting next to Yang as Qrow exhales.

Qrow: "Like I said, we don't have a lot to go on. Normally, I go and question them but, we have to wait until Mercury is settle down at a suitable hospital. Anyway, this is something to keep in mind, Y/N. We might be onto something."

Y/N: "You think so?"

Qrow: "Mm-hm. So, for now, don't do anything rash until we have definitive proof, got that?"

Y/N nod and turns to Yang, holding her hand. 

Y/N: "It's going to be okay, Yang. We'll get to the bottom of this." 

Yang gives a soft smile to him.

Yang: "Thanks, babe."

The blonde then turns to her uncle.