Chapter 22

(A Few Moments Ago)

In the fairgrounds, Sun and Blake are taking a sip from their respective drinks at a picnic table.

Sun: "Say, Blake. How come you don't want to watch the match? I heard it's Penny vs Pyrrha."

Blake slowly shook her head at him.

Blake: "Sorry but, I think I've had enough fighting for one year."

Sun: "You sure or-"

Before he can finish speaking, the two Faunus hear some commotion coming from a nearby crowd. 

Blake: "What's that about?"

Sun: "Well, let's find out."

They approach the crowd, which are surrounding a holographic screen on top of a noodle stand. Once they head over to the stand, both Blake and Sun along with the crowd witness the immediate aftermath of Penny's death to which everyone reacts with shock.

Sun: "No way..."

Blake: "Penny... she's..."

Among the crowd is Weiss and Neptune, reacting with equal amount of shock as the rest. As Weiss look at the screen, she spots both Blake and Sun in the corner of her eye, turning her head to them.

Weiss: "Blake! Sun!"

Weiss and Neptune link up with Blake and Sun, all sharing a look at what they just witnessed on the holographic screen. 

Neptune: "Hey, I'm not only one who saw Penny... you know..."

Sun: 'Yeah dude. We all saw it."

Blake: "What should we do...?"

Weiss: "Whatever is happening in the Amity Colosseum, we need to be there and help as many people as we can."

They all nod in agreement as they head towards the Colosseum as Cinder's speech is played and muffled over. As the four students rush through the fairgrounds towards the transport to go up the arena. Only for the first wave of White Fang shops landing down as both Grimm and White Fang troops begin spilling out. Realizing that they're unarmed, the four begin to take out their scrolls and call in their lockers. This results in lockers from both Beacon's locker rooms and the arena's locker rooms where dozens of lockers are also launching at random intervals. One of the lockers lands in the fairgrounds near Weiss.

Weiss: "Perfect."

The heiress quickly heads towards it and pull her rapier just in time to quickly impale a charging Beowolf in front of her. 

Blake: "Look out!"

Blake immediately rushes up from behind Weiss and slashing and beheading the next Beowolf in line with Gambol Shroud. This is followed closely by Sun, using his gun-chucks to shoot another Beowolf. Neptune shotting down a couple of Beowolves creeping up behind the three with some automatic fire. 

Neptune: "Gotcha cover, guys!"

The four students catch their breath briefly when a roar alerts them again to a whole horde of Grimm overrunning the fairgrounds before them. Sharing a look with one another, Weiss, Sun, and Neptune all rush into the fight while Blake holds back, taking out her scroll to call Yang. 

(Beacon Academy)

Yang is running through the hallways of the dorms just to get a call from Blake. 

Yang: "What's up?"

Blake: "Yang, are you okay?"

Yang: "I'm fine. Is Ruby with you? She's not answering her scroll."