Chapter 15

(Team RWBY's Dorm Room)

Y/N is leaning on the wall near the entrance of the dorm room as Ironwood paced around before the four girls, sitting on the lower beds. Yang and Ruby sitting on one side and Weiss and Blake on the other side. After a few moments, Ironwood speaks up.

Ironwood: "I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice."

Yang angrily replies.

Yang: "But he attacked me!"

The general continues to pace around the room, not looking at her.

Ironwood: "Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise."

Weiss and Ruby chimes in with Ruby getting up from her spot.

Weiss: "But Yang would never do that!"

Ruby: "Yeah!"

The general sigh as he turns his attention to them.

Ironwood: "Look, you all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances."

Ironwood continues as Ruby sits back down, the entire team looking gloomy. 

Ironwood: "What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight has passed..."

With that last part, the general looks to the right while rolling his shoulder. 

Yang: But I wasn't-

Ironwood: "That's enough!"

The room falls silent upon this. Realizing his sudden outburst and glancing back at Y/N, still quiet, the general speak again, his tone more composed.

Ironwood: "The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The audience saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions as no better than poor sportsmanship."

Y/N: "What if someone use their semblance from the outside that cause Yang to see something different?"

Once more, Ironwood glances back at Y/N, addressing him.

Ironwood: "Not likely. There's a nullifier built-in the forcefield around the arena for just that reason and there was no indication of a failure."

With a brief sigh and rubbing his forehead, the general resumes speaking. 

Ironwood: "As much respect I have for you all after defending the city during the Breach, the optic of the situation shows you brutalizing your opponent after the match was over. I really want to believe your story but... you all will be disqualified to pacify the audience that witness this happen."

Ironwood then turn on his heels, walking towards the door, giving the quiet Y/N a short glance.

Ironwood: "Due to this incident, the tournament will be delayed until tomorrow."

As he said this, he left the room. As the door closed by Y/N, Yang's shock turns into miserable understanding when she looks to the ground. Slowly, she turns to her teammates.

Yang: "You guys believe me, right?"

Ruby: "Well, duh!"

Weiss: "You're hotheaded, but not ruthless."

The blonde then turn her attention to both Blake and Y/N.

Yang:  "Blake? Y/N?"

Turning her gaze away, Blake finally speaks up.