Chapter 11

(Amity Colosseum)

The arena's mountain biome is being bombarded by several explosions all around the area. Russel, with his weapon, Shortwings in hand, is running from the mayhem before spinning around, ready to face his opponents, who turns out to be Penny and her beret-wearing "teammate," Ciel. With an ever-present smile and simple arm movements, she summons six floating swords from her Floating Array and rears them back before launching them in a ring at Russel, who barely manages to duck behind a rock to protect himself.

Wasting no time, Penny does the same thing with another group of blades, homing in on Russel's teammate, Sky until he uses Feather's Edge to vault over another stone for defense. The two exchange a worried look at the sight of their rocks still pierced with multiple blades, and Penny grins in combat-ready fierceness as she looks to her partner, who simply taps her watch as if hurrying Penny up. Wasting no time, Penny raises her hands like a puppetmaster and uses the near-invisible strings attached to each hilt to lift the giant rocks up in the air, with the screaming Russel and Sky still hanging on. Bringing her arms down to her sides, the stones come crashing to the ground as well, leaving Penny's opponents in the grass. Her swords come back to her pack as the buzzer rings.

The two announcers speak over the broadcaster's system.

Port: "Ooh! That's got to hurt!"

Oobleck: "And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas!"

The still smiling Peny place a fist in her palm, bowing in respect to her fallen opponents.

Penny: "Thank you for a wonderful match."

The two victors turn to leave the stadium as Russel feebly reaches out, only to get hit in the head by a falling stone.

Watching from the stands, Ruby sees them start to walk away and excitedly gets up from her seat with the rest of her team to meet them at one of the exits. Y/N and a tired looking Pyrrha decides to follow after Ruby, wanting to congratulate Penny and Ciel, despite Ciel's protest to have Penny not hang with them. Ruby, Y/N, and Pyrrha catch up with them with Ruby spreading her arms and call her out.

Ruby: "Penny!"

In response, Penny becomes equally, if not more excited to see her friends.

Penny: "My friends!"

She then lifts up her own arms, quickly rushing and leaping to hug them only for Y/N to dodge out of the way and for Penny to hug only Ruby, tackling her on the ground. Penny looks up to her two other friends, especially Y/N since he dodges her hug.

Penny: "Why must you avoid a friendly hug?"

Y/N: "Because of that..."

Upon saying this, he points at Ruby as Penny look to see that she's basically crushing her with her hug, weakly groaning.

Ruby: "Why..."

Y/N: "That's how I felt when you and Yang tackle me to the ground every time."

Penny: "Oops! Sorry, Ruby."

Quickly, Penny gets up energetically and address Y/N and Pyrrha. 

Penny: "So, what bring you guys here?"

Y/N: "We wanted to congratulate you and Ciel on your win."

Ruby also swiftly gets up from the ground, still excited. 

Ruby: "Yeah!"

Y/N: "Right, Pyrrha?"

He turns to see Pyrrha, visibly distracted, being lost in thought for a moment before snapping back to awareness, giving a weak smile.