Chapter 10

(Team RWBY's Dorm Room)

Y/N: "Hah! You may have defeated Ruby, but I won't go down that easily!"

Qrow: "Pfft, typical. You're all talk. You know I always win."

Yang & Ruby: "Take him down, Y/N!"

Y/N proceeds to do her best to defeat Qrow in the fighting game only for Qrow to mop the floor with him.

Video Game: "Soaring Ninja, Wins!"

Groaning to himself, Y/N drop his controller.

Y/N: "Damn it. I was so close."

The smirking Qrow scoffs at this.

Qrow: "Heh, you weren't close at all. I had at least half of mine left."

Y/N: "Better than a quarter of it."

Yang: "My turn!"

Immediately, Yang push Y/N away from his spot in front of the screen and quickly grab his controller.

Yang: "Heh. Move over, rookies. It's time for the champ to do her thing."

Her pompous remark makes Y/N and Ruby roll their eyes. 

Y/N: "Then avenge us already!"

Yang: "Roger that!"

Video Game: "New Challenger, approaching." 

Qrow then picks up his controller before continue speaking.

Qrow: "Now, where was I?"

Ruby: "You were telling us about your last mission."

Qrow: "Right, right."

After a moment of pause, Qrow resumes with his tale.

Qrow: "I come upon a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. And right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right."

Ruby: "What were you doing there?"

Qrow: "I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn."

Upon saying this, Y/N glances over at Qrow, already knowing where this tale of his is going before quickly looking back at the screen. 

Qrow: "The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less than reputable people for less than respectable jobs."

Y/N: "He's referring to Rogue Huntsmen."

Yang: "How do you know?"

Y/N: "Because Qrow and I come across them on separate occasions. Usually with Qrow defeating them with ease and I just... spectate."

Ruby: "Well, what happened next?"

Qrow: "I was defeated... by the mere sight... of the innkeeper's skirt length."

Y/N: "Of course. It always go there."

Video Game: "Soaring Ninja, Wins! Total annihilation!"

Yang then threw a pillow at Qrow's head.

Yang: "You're the worst!"

Y/N: "Yang! You were supposed to avenge us!"

Yang: "I did my best!"

Qrow smiles at winning once more.

Qrow: "Best two out of three?"

Yang nod in agreement and she and Qrow began another match.