Chapter 21

Down in the middle of the arena of Amity Colosseum, Pyrrha is still looking hesitant and distracted while the cheerful Penny politely salutes to her.

Penny: "Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha! I'm quite excited to be sparring a friend!"

The troubled Pyrrha doesn't respond, looking at her hands as she clenches them in attempted determination. Penny, not noticing Pyrrha's reluctance, continues speaking with a bright smile.

Penny: "This is going to be so much fun!"

Over the announcement system, Oobleck asks.

Oobleck: "Fighters, are you ready?"

Penny grin widely in anticipation, but Pyrrha is still looking around as if in a daze, though she manages to give a determined look at her opponent, her javelin spear and shield already in hand.

During this, the countdown to the match begins. With Ironwood standing calmly at the announcer's box, and the rest of Team JNPR spectate, while Jaune watch anxiously. Emerald leans forward with a glare at both Y/N and Ruby with Y/N returning his own glare.

Oobleck: "3, 2, 1... Begin!!!"

Suddenly, Penny is surrounded by Floating Array, gesturing the swords around to her command before launching a volley of them at Pyrrha, who runs towards them and leaps though or deflects each aimed blade. The swords fly into the air until they turn around and come back to the fight.

__________________________________________________________________________

While this is happening, Emerald tries to subdue the two teammates only for Y/N and Ruby flee out of their seats as Emerald tries to stop their escape. 

Emerald: ("Damn it!")

Ruby: "Y/N, follow me!"

The two soon dash away from the crowd and about to run past the nearest maintenance tunnel, which gives Emerald an idea. 

__________________________________________________________________________

Pyrrha, now having returned the shield to her back, twirls the javelin to block each sword swipe of Penny's, dropping her weapon when she needs to somersault away after being hit by a slash, only to magnetically return it to her hand as Penny readies another wave of blades.

Port: "My word! What a tremendous display by Miss Polendina!"

__________________________________________________________________________

Back with Ruby and Y/N, Emerald manages to slam both of them into one of the maintenance tunnels in an attempt to keep them quiet. Recovering from it, Y/N and Ruby are now face to face with Emerald.

Ruby: "Emerald... why...?"

Emerald doesn't answer, still glaring them down with resolute. Y/N glares back at her, realizing that he and Ruby don't have their weapons with them, but neither does Emerald.

Y/N: "Fine. If you're not going to tell us..."

Before continuing, Y/N gets in a fighting stance, holding up his fists.

Y/N: "We'll make you."

__________________________________________________________________________

Fully glowering, Pyrrha rushes forward and jumps on an incoming sword, swinging down on Penny, only to have the assault halted by a collection of blades, though she leaps away from the retaliatory slice as Penny backs away as well. She tries to defend against the multitude of swords with the length of her weapon, but is forced back regardless, prompting Pyrrha to roll the shield from her back onto her arm with her semblance.