Chapter 6

(Ozpin's Office)

The elevator doors open up as both Y/N and Qrow come out of it. They're greeted with Ironwood and Glynda, both crossing their arms, Ozpin, sitting at his desk, and Winter pacing about impatiently. Y/N and Qrow share a look before Y/N goes to lean against a nearby pillar as Qrow approach the group in front of them.

Winter: "What were you thinking!?"

Ironwood: "If you were one of my men, I would have you shot!"

Qrow pull out his flask before addressing to the general.

Qrow: "If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself."

Glynda: "While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation, Winter."

In response, Winter quickly turns to Glynda and snaps back.

Winter: "He was drunk!"

The blonde teacher does the same. 

Glynda: "He's always drunk!" 

The four then turn to Qrow to see him drinking from a flask. His eyes widen when he notices them staring, and he holds the flask out to the side, looking at it awkwardly before pointing back at Y/N.

Qrow: "Technically, Y/N has a flask too. Soooo..." 

Y/N: "You're not helping the case, Qrow."

Ozpin stare at Qrow, sighing before speaking up.

Ozpin: "Qrow, why are you here?"

Ironwood: "You've been out of contact for weeks! You can't just go dark like that in the field!"

Qrow: "I'm not one of your special operatives, Jimmy!"

Winter: "General."

Qrow: "Whatever. You sent me to get intel on our enemy, and I'm telling you, our enemy is here."

Ironwood goes to lean against Ozpin's desk before responding.

Ironwood: "We know."

Qrow: "Oh! Oh, you know! Well, thank goodness I'm out there risking my life to keep you all informed!"

Ironwood: "Qrow-"

Qrow: "Communication's a two-way street, pal."

Qrow take out his scroll and point at it. 

Qrow: "You see this? That's the SEND button."

Winter: "They had reason to assume you'd been compromised."

Qrow: "And I have reason to assume you don't need to be here. Seriously, who invited her?"

After a moment of silence and not glancing back at Winter, Ironwood addresses to Winter.

Ironwood: "Schnee, we'll discuss this incident back at my ship."

This makes Winter visibly surprise upon hearing this.

Winter: "But sir!"

Ironwood: "Winter. Leave."

Reluctantly, Winter yields, saluting to Ironwood.

Winter: "Yes sir."

As she walks pass Qrow, Winter gives him a dirty look before exiting via the elevator. Once she left the office, Qrow then stare at Ozpin.

Qrow: "Oz, what have you been doing with Y/N?"

Ozpin: "Do what exactly?"

Qrow: "You have been giving him missions that we're meant for me. Why the hell did you do that? Why did you get him involved?"