Chapter 3

(Festival's Fairground)

Team RWBY+Y/N and Team CVFY all gather around Team SSSN, trying to cheer them up over their defeat, while Team JNPR are off somewhere nearby.

Y/N: "Come on, guys. Cheer up. You guys did the best you can."

This doesn't help brighten up their mood as they're still sulking and moaning in distress. This is when Coco and Yatsu chimes in, holding some drinks in each of their hands. 

Ruby: "Smoothies?"

Coco: "Our signature fruit smoothies to be exact."

She then looks back the sulking Team SSSN.

Coco: "Here. Drink this."

Yatsu: "It will help out."

The four guys take the fruit smoothies as they proceed to drink it slowly. Y/N and his team stare at the smoothies with Y/N asking Coco.

Y/N: "Those look tasty. Can we try some as well, Coco?"

In response, Coco recoils a bit as she steps away to stand beside Yatsu.

Coco: "Uhm, I'm not sure that's a good idea."

Yang: "How come?"

Coco: "Uh... well... the smoothies have a... dash of... alcohol..."

Weiss: "I'm sorry, what!?"

After a few moments later, Weiss is discussing over putting alcohol, even a little, into fruit smoothies to Coco and Yatsu. Meanwhile, Velvet, Y/N, and Ruby are having their own conversation. 

Velvet: "The media has been covering the whole tournament in general, not just the previous match." 

Ruby: "Wow."

Y/N: "Huh. You're interested in journalism or something?"

Velvet: "Hehe. It's thanks to my photography hobby that I'm kinda interested in journalism."

As she said that, she lifts up her camera, giving a bright smile. 

Ruby: "You heard anything else, Velvet?"

Velvet: "Well..."

Pondering to herself for a bit, Velvet looks back to Ruby and Y/N.

Velvet: "If I recall, there's been a noticeably more negative dip in coverage over the tournament than previous years."

Y/N: "What makes you say that?"

Velvet: "It seems... there's this one critic from The Mistral Times named... 'Ash Autumn.'"

Ruby: "Ash Autumn?"

Velvet: "Mm-hm. She's been particularly chastising over the Vytal Tournament and have gain a considerable following. She's even made illusion of the randomized match process has been rigged though, she hasn't said anything explicitly yet."

Upon hearing this, Ruby and Y/N feel a bit worried along with Velvet, who's more concern about this. A sluggish Neptune steps in and waves that off.

Neptune: "Oh pleeease, there's always been... critics in the... Vytal Festival... you shouldn't worry... about it..."

He gives her a cheesy, flirty grin at Velvet, who is unfazed by his remark as it didn't help ease her worries. Ruby and Y/N look at Neptune.

Y/N: "You're drunk, aren't you Neptune."

Neptune: "Noooo."

Upon saying this, Neptune slowly begin to fall to the ground, completely knocked out.