Chapter 27

(A Few Minutes Ago)

Outside of Beacon tower, Jaune and Pyrrha run out of the front door. The muffled sounds of Ozpin and Cinder's fight can be heard. During this, Jaune take out his scroll, looking through it.

Jaune: "Okay, I think I have Glynda number. Oh, where is it?"

Pyrrha turns and stares silently at Beacon Tower. Jaune's voice soon breaks her concentration.

Jaune: "Pyrrha? What was all of that?"

She turns to look at Jaune.

Pyrrha: "I..."

Their conversation is interrupted by an explosion, followed by Cinder using fire to fly up through the elevator shaft. The two teens stare at the tower in surprise with Jaune completely stunned.

Jaune: "But... Ozpin..."

Pyrrha, however, look at herself, seeing the dim glow around her, now realizing that she has a tiny shred of Maiden power within her.

Pyrrha: "There's no time."

She shakes her head, then looks at Jaune, quickly adopting a determined tone and look.

Pyrrha: "Go. Get to Vale and call for help."

Jaune: "Huh? What are you gonna do?"

Pyrrha slowly turns her head to stare up at the top of Beacon Tower. Following her gaze, Jaune realizes what she plans to do.

Jaune: "No... no, Pyrrha, you can't. You saw how powerful she is! Pyrrha, I won't let you do-"

Suddenly, Pyrrha pulls Jaune in a hug, silencing him. After a moment of hesitation, he gently embraces it. She then pulls away, and stares into his eyes, one hand on his cheek and the other on his chest, giving a sad expression.

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry."

She then uses her semblance on his armor, pushing him directly into a nearby locker, which slams shut from the impact.

Jaune: "Hey! Wait! Stop, stop! Pyrrha, please don't do this!"

While Jaune pleads, Pyrrha walks over to the locker and begins typing coordinates into it. She looks him in the eyes one last time, before stepping back and watching the locker fly away. Once it vanishes into the distance, she clenches her fists and, once again, adopts a determined demeanor as she walks toward the tower.

Once she steps through the entrance, she runs to the elevator and uses her semblance to force the doors open. Inside, she finds that Cinder has left a large hole in the floor and roof of the elevator on her way up. Pyrrha steps inside the elevator, closes her eyes, and begins mustering all of her strength. The elevator begins shaking violently. She focuses her semblance even harder, straining herself, until the elevator begins a quick ascent toward to the very top.

Meanwhile, Ruby and Weiss are on their way back to Beacon campus, taking down some nearby Grimm when Weiss' Scroll begins ringing.

Weiss: "It's Jaune!"

With a single press of a button, she answers the call.

Weiss: "Where are you?"

In the street somewhere in Vale, Jaune has opened a joint call with not only Weiss, but also Nora, Y/N, and Glynda. They can hear the panic in his voice.

Jaune: "Please, you have to stop her!"

Weiss: "What!?"

Nora: "Jaune?"

Glynda: "What is going on, Mr. Arc?"

Jaune: "Pyrrha! She's going after that woman at the top of the tower! S-She doesn't stand a chance!"