Chapter 35

(A Few Days Later)

Inside the Island of Patch, Ruby is silently staring at her mother's gravestone, completely lost in thought. She immediately snaps back to awareness to talk to her mother.

 She immediately snaps back to awareness to talk to her mother

Ruby: "Mom... I don't know what's going to happen... my friends are safe, but I don't know where they are... I don't know what silver eyes are even about. I just..."

She goes to calm herself down before resuming.

Ruby: "A lot of... horrible things happened to good people... Heh, I guess Torchwick's pessimistic words have some truth to them."

Upon saying this, Ruby falls back into silence, staring at the gravestone, lost in thought once more.

_________________________________________________________________

(The City of Vale)

After meeting and checking up on the injured Velvet, Fox, Cardin, Sky, Neptune, who is bound by a wheelchair for time being, and many others, Y/N exit out of the hospital within the safe zone. As he does, Y/N ponder over the unexpected kiss on the cheek by Velvet and the warm hug he got from Coco. 

Y/N #1: (" I wasn't expecting that... alright, I'll need to check up on Junior's nightclub and then Jaune and the others. Going have to ask Glynda for their address.")

It took him a while but, he manages to make it to Junior's nightclub. Once he heads inside, he's a bit surprised to barely see anyone who work here. What caught his attention is the Malachite Twins, who are sitting and slump over the bar's counter. Y/N could spot the bandages around their arms, shoulders, and legs. He then goes to approach them. 

Y/N #1: "Girls..."

His word immediately makes the twins turn around to see him behind them and they quickly rush over to him, hugging him

His word immediately makes the twins turn around to see him behind them and they quickly rush over to him, hugging him. Y/N can see them, tears rolling down their faces. 

Miltia: "We were so scared."

Melanie: "We didn't think we'll ever see you again."

Y/N offers them a warm smile to them.