Chapter 29

[Author's Note: This backstory will be pretty long. Like 3 or more chapters long so, be aware of that.]

On a rainy day, a hooded man is running through an alleyway, holding a baby and a large sword on his back. Once he made it halfway, he places the baby down in the ground as he draws out the sword, preparing to take the child's life to prevent him from becoming Salem's weapon and test subject. As the infant begin to cry, he looks at the sword, wondering if this is the right thing to do, but at this point, he has no other choice. The unknown man raises the sword, ready to bring it down on the infant, but a couple of voices stop him.

Woman: "Honey, did you hear that?"

Man: "Let's check it out."

Upon hearing some footsteps approaching quickly, the sword wielder drops the sword and fled from the scene. A married couple, wearing their jackets and hoods, enters the alleyway only to find a crying baby and a large sword nearby, tilted towards a dumpster. 

Man: "What the hell?"

They spot the crying infant with nobody around. The woman swiftly grab the child, carrying it around her arms. 

Woman: "Hey, it's okay. Sssshhh..."

The baby's crying slowly begins to fade, while the man checks the alley for anyone nearby only to find the sword and investigates it and its peculiar design.

Man: "Huh? What a strange weapon. Who would leave something like this?"

The woman begins checking for any injuries on the infant.

Woman: "Who would leave a baby here?"

Man: "I'm not sure. Maybe his parents just... left him here."

Woman: "That's terrible. Who would do something like that?"

Man: "I don't know. But regardless, we can't just leave this little guy here."

Woman: "You're right. How about we take him home with us?"

Man: "Sure. Christina would love to have a baby brother."

Woman: "Well, what should we name him?"

Her husband ponders for a moment before coming up with a response.

Man: "How about... Y/N?"

His wife nod to him with a warm smile before turning to the infant. 

Woman: "Ok then. For now on, you're Y/N."

The child has now calmed down and begun to sleep. The woman felt relieved, still having a warm smile on her face upon seeing Y/N's sleeping face. The married couple are about to leave, but the husband brings the sword with him, making his wife turn around to look at him.

Woman: "Are you really bringing that thing, honey?"

Man: "Of course. It would be a waste to leave something this unique looking sword near a dumpster. Besides, I could sell this sword for who knows how much."

Woman: "Alright, let's go then."

The woman took Y/N with her while her husband takes the sword with him. After a little bit of traveling, they made it to their hometown, Brightwell, a large town located outside the kingdom of Vale. As the days went by, the husband wasn't able to sell the sword to anyone. Either because they already have a weapon or just not interested in buying it. So, the husband chooses to leave the sword in the basement with the other unused and broken weapons. 

{Brightwell, 10 Years Later...}

Mom: "Y/N! Breakfast is ready!"