Chapter 23

(Several Minutes Ago)

Inside of the Amity Colosseum, Ruby's scroll was dropped near the door to the announcer's booth as it rings, showing that Yang is trying to call her only to end a few moments later. The large Nevermore screeches as it continues to weaken the forcefield that's keeping it from getting inside, pecking and slamming its talons on it.

Warning Announcer: "Warning. Safety Barriers Failing."

On the sidelines of the arena, civilians are running and fleeing in a panic while, Ruby stays kneeling on the ground with her head down, tears still in her eyes, her expression in a mixture of shock and sadness. Y/N, meanwhile, is shaking her up a bit.

Y/N: "Ruby! We need to go! Come on!"

Ruby: "Penny... she's... she's..."

Y/N pull her into a hug.

Y/N: "I know... I know... but right now, I need you to be strong. Can you do that?"

Slowly, Ruby nod to him, wiping her tears and get back on her feet. They turn to the Nevermore as it circles around the colosseum with Pyrrha struggling to stand as she looks devastated and shock at the torn apart Penny Polendina in front of her.

Y/N: "What we do now?"

Ruby: "Isn't it obvious? We fight."

During this, Ciel runs jumps off the deactivated arena and rushing over to Penny.

Ciel: "Penny!!!"

The beret-wearing girl begins cradling Penny's head and upper body, mumbling to herself while tears begin to form in her eyes.

Ciel: "I-I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I-I should've... I should've been a... better friend."

On the opposite side of the arena, Jaune is shouting for Pyrrha.

Jaune: "Pyrrha!! That thing's going to break in! You've gotta move!"

Jaune, Ren, and Nora look up and see the force field flash as the Nevermore rises back up before diving back in. Wasting no time, Jaune jumps from the stands and into the deactivated arena.

Nora: "Jaune!"

The blonde boy rushes towards the still devastated Pyrrha.

Jaune: "Pyrrha, please snap out of it!"

Suddenly, the Nevermore completely breaks through the holographic barrier, and the force of it landing on the arena floor knocks back Ciel, Jaune, Pyrrha, and the pieces of Penny away. The Nevermore screeches and lunges towards Pyrrha. Suddenly, the Nevermore is knocked back by a red and black, twirling blur of red and black roses, with the cause of these blur are gripping one of Penny's swords and stabbing into the Nevermore, before jumping back down in front of Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: "Y/N? Ruby?"

Ruby gives an angered, determined expression on her face, pointing Penny's sword toward the Nevermore.

Ruby: "Leave her alone!"

Wordlessly, Y/N also aim Penny's sword at the Nevermore as it shook its head. During this, Ciel scramble for her scroll and begin typing something down. The Nevermore begin to fly up in the air, circling the stage before diving down at the students. Y/N, of course, braced for impact, but before he could do anything, dozens of student lockers came crashing down on the Grimm, impaling it down on the ground. 

Y/N: "Whoa..."

Both Y/N and Ruby stare in surprise along with everyone else before all eyes fall to Ciel, who shouts.