Chapter 4

(Ironwood's Flagship)

Early in the morning, Roman, still imprisoned, is resting, leaning against the wall of his cell. His eyes are distant as he quietly hears a young girl crying, having a distant memory.

Roman: "What...?"

That memory and his train of thought is interrupted when he hears a knock on the door of his cell.

Roman: "What the hell?"

He looks over at the tiny window on the door to a see a guard, who is suspiciously short, delivering him a tray of food through a small opening in the middle of the door. Roman look at the tray to find a note on top of it. He picks it up and proceeds to read it.

Roman: "Hope you're doing well. -Neo " 

A smile grew on Roman's face.

Roman: "Man, I really want to get out of here and be with someone he cares about."

Neo, disguised as a guard, rolls her eyes at Roman's corniness. After that, Roman looks over at her note and made a realization as he peeks over the small window.

Roman: "I'm going have to eat this now, aren't I?"

In response, Neo smiles, nodding quickly to him. Roman sits back to his spot, scratching his head. 

Roman: "Fine. I'll do it."

The crime boss proceeds to eat the food on the tray. During his eating, he looks over the small window to speak with the disguised Neo. 

Roman: "You're going to visit that Y/N guy?"

Neo's eyes drift away, looking at the floor. Already know her answer, Roman drink a bottle of water before remarking.

Roman: "Normally, I would tell you no, but considering my situation right now, I'm unable to stop you."

Neo slowly look back at Roman, which he just exhales upon looking at her sadden expression. 

Roman: "Okay. You can go... check up on him."

This made Neo smile very brightly before Roman cuts in.

Roman: "But remember, don't tell him anything about what we're doing and don't do anything suspicious towards him. If words get out and she finds out, she and her two street brats will have our heads."

Neo pause for a moment before nodding to him and slowly walk away from his cell. Roman goes back to eating and drinking from his tray as he ponders about Neo's interests over Y/N.

Roman: ("Neo doesn't tell me much about why she likes Y/N. Only thing she told me is that he looks familiar to her from somewhere and yet doesn't elaborate any further. Ugh... well if worse comes to worse, I can use Y/N as a... substitute bodyguard or...?")

The crime boss mentally sighs to himself, hoping that Neo's feelings towards Y/N doesn't wreck their part of Cinder's plan. 

(Amity Colosseum)

Inside and outside of the arena, the crowd is waiting for the reveal of the next match-up.

Port: "And the next match will be..."

The two announcers and everyone else waited for the holographic roulette to show the two competing teams. Once it stops spinning, it finally reveals to everyone.

Oobleck: "Team JNPR of Beacon vs Team ABRN of Haven!!"

The crowd begin to loudly cheer at the reveal, while Y/N, his team, and their friends manage to get some seats to watch the upcoming match.