Chapter 8

The rest of Team RWBY+Y/N and Team JNPR head over to the locker rooms of the arena to go and congratulate Team CVFY for their victory. They walk past a number of teams from different academies, all prepping and readying their equipment for the next round of the tournament. Something that Beacon teams can do more privately as a perk of hosting the tournament this year. 

(Locker Rooms)

Inside, Team CVFY are cooling down after the match they just had until they all turn to the opening door to reveal their underclassmen.

Velvet: "Oh. Hey guys."

Yatsu: "What brings you all here?"

Ruby: "We came to congratulate on your win."

Velvet: "Hehe. Thanks."

Coco: "Well, happy to see you all here, but... where's Pyrrha and Y/N?"

Yang: "They're with Ozpin at his office."

Weiss: "He wanted to discuss with something important."

Coco: "I see."

Fox: "Damn it."

All eyes fall on Fox, who is sitting and examining his weapons, Sharp Retribution, a pair of blades attach to his arms.

Blake: "What's wrong?"

Fox then shows his weapons to his teammates and friends.

Fox: "My weapons broke. That last knockout I did must've severely damage them."

Seeing the damages in Fox's weapons, Ruby steps in and approach the slightly frustrated Fox. 

Ruby: "Can I take a look?"

He gave a moment of pause before taking his weapons off and hand them to her.

Fox: "Sure."

Examining every nook and cranny of Fox's weapons, Ruby gives a frown before turning to Fox.

Fox: "Well...?"

Ruby: "It's likely that repairs will take a least 2 days since there's a few custom parts that you'll need to scrounge up."

Her response makes Fox scowl as he adds on.

Fox: "Crap. I only have an older spare set and it's missing some key upgrades a year prior."

Velvet: "Which means our plan for Coco and Fox to go to the doubles round together is shot in the foot."

Most of Team CVFY becomes upset by this along with the rest of Team RWBY+Y/N and Team JNPR. This is when Coco chimes in with a reassuring smile.

Coco: "Hey, don't worry. I can just go with Yatsu and we'll be fine."

Her comment manages to ease Fox's mind. Coco then makes a smug expression before saying.