Chapter 28

(Unknown Location...)

A blinding white light is the only thing Y/N can see. His ears are still ringing, and his entire injured body is in pain. Slowly, once the pain fade away, the white space he's been seeing steadily turns into pitch darkness. His eyes begin to adjust to his surroundings. After a few moments, Y/N look around, finding himself in a dark void where no one in sight as he tries to stand up, holding Grimm Slayer for support with his only arm.

Y/N: ("Where... Where am I...?")

He wonders that question for a long while before remembering what had happened.

Y/N: "Pyrrha... no... no..."

Tears begins to roll down on his face as he remembers Pyrrha's death before a voice chimes in.

???: "Do not fret. She died for a useless cause. But you don't have to..."

Y/N: "H-Huh? Where are you?! Where the hell am I?!"

In a few seconds, his question is answered by a woman's voice.

???: "You're in the Void, a very rare place where time has stop, away from the rest of the world, though due to 'circumstances,' this maybe the only time you and I can talk in here."

Y/N swiftly look around, trying to find the person who was just speaking to him.

Y/N: "H-Hey, who are you? Where are you?"

As he asks this, a figure shrouded in darkness appear in front of him.

???: "Me? Well... my name is Salem. It's so nice to finally see you again, Y/N."

Y/N: "H-Hold on... you know my name?"

Salem: "Of course. I've been trying to find you for so long. I'm quite glad Darius and Cinder manage to find you."

Y/N: "Darius... Cinder...?"

The darkness surrounding this person begin to fade away, revealing a pale-looking woman with black veins on her face, wearing a black robe and dress. Her eyes were black with deep crimson red irises and her hair is pale white. Once Y/N fully see what this woman looks like, his expression is mixed with horrified disbelief and shock. He backs up a bit as she walks towards him. 

[Minus the relic on her hands]

Y/N: "W-Who the hell are you?!"

Salem: "The one who designed the fall of that absurd school."

Y/N: "What?!"

Salem: "Hush now. There's no need to be upset. I merely want to talk with you."

Y/N: "W-What are you...? What do you want from me...?"

Salem: "Well... I wanted to see you again."

Y/N: "W-What?"

Salem just smiles warmly as she spread her arms apart, expecting a hug.