Happy Birthday, Beautiful- Chapter 44

Hi guys! This is the second to last chapter! There will be an authors note at the end. Enjoy!

Niall's POV

I woke up next to Liam in a daze. It had been three days since we'd had sex, and ever since I'd been stopping around his house. I felt like we were an old married couple recently, we had been spending most of our time together. Honestly, I'd never felt so good in my whole life. I reached over to grab my phone from the beside table and realised it was 10:43am and I was really late for school.

That's when I actually noticed what day it was.

It was my birthday. Maybe Liam had purposely let me stay off school just today, for my eighteenth. That'd be a very Liam-y thing to do. Smiling to myself, I leant over so I could see his sleeping figure. His eyelids were closed obviously, his impossibly long eyelashes resting on the top of his cheeks. His plump pink lips were slightly parted, his breaking escaping from the small gap. He was only wearing boxer shorts, and the duvet was to his waist, so I could visualise the beautiful planes and muscles on his arms and chest. He was utter perfection.

I was completely astounded just how much I loved my Liam. I was far from perfect, what with my handfuls of pills a day and mood swings, but Liam was everything. He'd achieved his life dream. He had a beautiful home, incredible friends, a heartfelt job. He had what he wanted.

Of course, I had a future too. I was doing very well at school, and I was hopefully going to become a music teacher when I was older. I would go to college, but preferably only part time with our baby on the way. And what's more, Kevin Care Home had more staff, and it was really getting back on its feet, so Liam had better hours. He promised me he'd have time to look after our child, and his parents were moving into Wolverhampton and offered to babysit whenever.

I lay there for a while, staring at the bright ceiling in Liam's bedroom. Russell and his family had moved out yesterday into a small flat just a street away from this block of apartments. It was very small, but it had two bedrooms and was enough for his little family.

Just as I was beginning to get out of bed, I felt Liam stir. I glanced at his awakening frame until his eyelids fluttered open, revealing those beautiful melting brown eyes. He raised a hand and rubbed his eyes a few times before running them through his tangled sandy brown hair.

When he gazed up at me, his lips curved into a smile. "Mm.. Morning, love."

"It's practically afternoon," I smirked, exaggerating a little. It did the trick though, as his eyes became wide and he frantically checked the digital clock next to him. He rolled his eyes and grinned at me. I was just perched on the edge of his bed.

"Happy birthday, Ni," he murmured, still full of sleep. "Your present is in the store room, but I think we'll wait for you to open your presents from me and some other people until after breakfast. We'll be alone for a while, and then at around three, I invited some people around to have a proper celebration. They'll bring the presents from them, I just have a few on me now."

I gaped at him. "You really didn't have to, Liam, my birthday is nothing special."

"Yes, it is." He stated sternly but he was amused. He leant over and pressed a welcoming kiss on my awaiting lips, but pulled away before I could deepen it. He smirked at me, knowing what my intent was before pressing his lips just below my ear. "Later, baby." His deep, croaky voice sent shivers down my spine, and I felt my stomach curl up in a ball in anticipation at the intensity of his words.

Five minutes later, we'd both gotten up out of bed and gotten dressed- sort of. I just threw on a pair of grey sweatpants and a black t shirt. Liam chose a white tank top, a blue and white flannel shirt and a baggy pair of old ripped grey jeans.