Concerned and Relieved-Chapter 11

LIAM'S POV

Letting Niall go was the stupidest thing I had ever done. And I had done some stupid things, like smoking weed in high school whilst hanging with the wrong kind of group of people. But this time was different, because this time I hadn't done something so idiotic which effected just me, but also someone I really care about.

Johnny was still a bit pissed at me so he was making me look after Benjamin and Billy since they were the only people still in the home. Ed and Jace had gone out on their bikes while Ella was out with one of her friends from school, Tessa. Niall was the only kid at the care home who was homeschooled since he was too depressed to attend public school anymore.

"Where's Jake?" Benjamin demanded.

I stared at him and chuckled. His blonde hair was stuck up in a hundred different directions which made me giggle. Billy was playing with his toy car, being the quieter one of the twins. Benjamin, however, was louder than a herd of elephants. Getting him to settle down was like getting a fish to climb a tree.

"It's Jace, sweetheart," I reminded him for the millionth time. "Jace is out with Ed. Why?"

Benjamin has taken a serious liking toward Jace which was quite cute but he had gotten so attached that he wouldn't leave him alone. Everyday Jace got no privacy, so the occasional trip out with Ed helped him. Jace loved Benjamin but being a teenage boy, it can be very exhausting.

"Jake said he was gonna help me make some cupcakes," Benjamin squealed, his dark eyes sparkling. "I'm not allowed to make them myself 'cause Harvey said I can't but then Jake saw me sad and said he was gonna make them wit' me."

I half-smirked at the little Newcastle accent the boy had but ignored him. I knew Johnny and Harvey were never going to agree to them baking so I has to pretend I hadn't heard anything. I did that a lot so the kids wouldn't get into trouble. I even saved Darcy's ass a couple of times though now I was regretting it.

Oh Niall, where are you?

NIALLS POV

I pulled up outside of the care home and stopped the car. The way back had been silent, me worrying about Darcy as well as being pissed off with her. She still had a thing for Alex, no matter how much she tried to hide it before. She thinks he misses her, she thinks he wants her back. But he just wants her body. I knew Alex enough to know how he rolled. He found someone with a nice body and pretended he cared about them. He then fucks to give himself pleasure before chucking them to the curb.

I thought Darcy learnt her lesson the first time. Everyone else certainly did, after the depression and soreness wore off. That's just Alex, and I guess everyone just accepted his personality now. Though anytime someone new or clueless walked into his path, they were captured under his heartless spell.

I shouldn't care. I don't want to care, but I couldn't help the worry which occurred whenever Darcy mentions him. After we had both eaten our chosen meals which came free since I won the challenge, Darcy had excused herself to go to the bathroom. But really she had found Alex and fucked him. It was disgusting, how Alex just used girls and guys for his own pleasure. Apparently, Alex had then gotten down on one knee and asked her to be his girlfriend.

Being the stupid, irresponsible girl she was, she accepted.

"He doesn't want me hanging around with you anymore," Darcy whispered.

I snorted. "We never really hung around anyway so I don't care. But just think about what you're doing, Darcy. You know his reputation about the Fuck and Chuck. It could happen to you again, you know and... Well, I guess I don't want to see you hurt like Will was."