The Final- Chapter 45

Niall's POV

I was ready. I was so ready to spend the rest of my life with Liam. He was the only one for me, the only one I wanted in the whole world. He'd helped me pull through the worst phases of my life, especially when I didn't want to go on further. And now, he had this surprise concealed for me that had gotten him really worked up. I could see his shining brown eyes hide an amount of fear in them, but mainly it was excitement.

He'd taken my hand and placed a swift kiss on my lips before pulling me off the balcony and back into his apartment. It was just us two now. First, he lead me into his kitchen. It was breathtaking. He must've decorated the place whilst I was saying my farewells to our friends.

All the lights were switched off, but there were hundreds of beautifully scented candles lit to bring in the romantic aspect of the scene. My eyes filled with tears and I turned around and wrapped my arms around him. Because he was so much taller than me, my face sort of smushed into his chest. I heard a low chuckle from that area and he bent down to kiss me briefly on the top of the head.

"Ni, love, this isn't your surprise..." Liam spoke softly, pushing me away and putting his thumb and forefinger on my chin. He glanced into my eyes and gave me a lopsided smile. "This is just... well, I'm not sure. I just wanted to make you happy. That's always my intention."

I nodded and blinked a few times, trying to clear the tears. "O-Oh, Liam... I don't think I can cope with more shocks." I started laughing, and he joined in.

"Just one more, sweetheart." Liam informed me gently, allowing me to go free. He grinned and looked towards his bedroom, seeming torn. I wondered why he was so worried. I'd never seen him like this before. He was usually so confident, so open about how he was feeling, unlike me. I was much more anxious, paranoid constantly, always thinking I was letting someone down. My Liam was so much more free.

I placed my hand on top of his, intertwining our fingers. "What's troubling you? Liam, there's nothing you can do that will scare me away now. You know how much I love you. Please, don't feel like I'm going to hate what this is. I will love it, because I really love you."

"I love you too," he vowed, giving me a small smile. "I...I think you will love it, well, I think you'll accept it, but of course there's always that chance you will get freaked out, think it's too out there... I'm just sure about this, well, I'm sure about you, Niall. You've made my whole life. We are going to adopt a child, our beautiful child. And I want you to have everything, everything good that would've been taken away from you if you didn't get better."

I cocked my head to the side. Confusion washed all over me. What was going on him? I felt the same way, but I wondered what sort of surprise this was for him to react like this. "Liam, this suspense is killing me. Please just... just tell me."

"Okay, bossy." He smirked and took my hand again, pulling me into his bedroom this time. We were still wearing our suits. He gestured towards the bed (not suggestively) so I sat down. He stood in front of me, taking both my hands now and glancing at me with his smouldering chocolate brown eyes.

Liam stuffed his hand into his pocket and bought out a beautiful small velvet box. It was a rich blue colour, and that was when my throat tightened up. Was he...? Before I had time to think, he took a deep breath and dropped to one knee.

He clicked open the box and glanced up at me through his thick frame of black lashes, before speaking in his low, sexy voice. "Niall James Horan... You are the most beautiful creature to ever walk the earth, and I know how hard it is for you to believe all these compliments people give you, but I vow to you that I will spend every single moment of my life trying to get you to love yourself like I do. So, my love, my life... will you marry me?"