Discovered- Chapter 18

Liam's POV

It had been four days since Niall's disappearance, and everyone had begun to give up. Johnny and Harvey had called the police and social services who were on the case, but everyone else refused to help find him anymore. The kids were tired, and although I knew they cared, it frustrated me that they wouldn't continue searching. He could've been killed for all we know- or on the brink of it anyway. We had to find him before it was too late. I needed to know why he left, and how much he needed to come back home in my arms.

So I was the only one searching. My legs were weak and my feet were achy, but I didn't care. My mission was to get him back, and being the stubborn guy I am, I would not rest until I finished it. Of course, I'd hardly ever slept properly my entire life, but I literally got a couple hours every night because my mind was brimming with thoughts of where Niall even was. Sometimes, he was laying on the floor cold and lifeless, blood trickling down his body. Sometimes, he was captured somewhere begging for help but nobody was around. Pained, sobbing, lost.

When I was a kid, my mum accidentally forgot to pick me up from the bus stop after school one day, and just being around eleven, I began wandering around to look for her but she didn't turn up. I found myself in a forest-like place, with nettles and trees scattered everywhere. I was scared, and so lost. Then, to make matters worse, I managed to get my foot trapped in an old fishing line. I couldn't get out, and the wire was cutting into my ankle. It was like that for about four hours until some guys found me collapsed. They'd called my mum, but I never forgot how terrifying that was.

True, Niall was almost eighteen but he was very vulnerable like an eleven year old. Just because people think they can survive by themselves, it doesn't mean they don't get into trouble. I'm almost positive Niall just wanted to get away, but it didn't make any sense really. He hated the thought of being alone, even though he did like his own company from time to time, somebody was always nearby.

"We will find Neil, won't we?" I heard Benjamin ask politely, holding into my little finger. I was babysitting the twins whilst Johnny was with the police and Harvey was out shopping with Jace and Ella (who were recently beginning to form a strong relationship...).

I smiled at him and nodded. "Of course we will. Don't worry, he will be back as soon as you know it."

I handed him one of his toys to keep him occupied with Billy and wandered over to the windowsill. I perched down on it and glanced outside. It was a bright day, only eleven in the morning. The clouds had disappeared, leaving the sky a wonderful blue which reminded me of Niall's eyes. Outside, the homes' front yard was cluttered with the twins' car toys their parents bought them last year but the grass was a brilliant lime green. Last year, I'd actually planted some colourful flowers to brighten up the place which, if I do say so myself, look pretty good.

The sun shining through the window warmed me, but I was still cold. I was cold with a broken heart, even if that sounded cheesy and dramatic. I just couldn't get him out of my mind no matter how hard I tried... He was just too important to forget even for a second. He was even in my dreams.

After a while of sitting, Demi's silver Volkswagen Passat pulled up into the driveway. Shit- it was another therapy appointment! I hadn't spoken to her since, and I'd not even thought about cancelling. I jogged over to the door and yanked it open before she even got out her car.

Once she noticed me standing there pained, she sprinted over to me worriedly. I didn't say anything; I just walked inside. She shadowed me into the sitting room which the twins were in playing with their cars and action figures.

"Liam, what's up? You look so... depressed." Demi asked soothingly, her chocolate brown eyes locked onto my face nervously.

I sat down on the sofa and sighed. "Dem, Niall ran away. We can't find him anywhere, and everyone seems to have given up apart from me. Trust me, if I didn't have the twins to look after, I'd still be out searching. Sorry, I should've called-"