Expect the Unexpected-Chapter 8

NIALL'S POV

Liam came into my room about twenty minutes after I entered, and my sadness immediately dissolved. How can you even stay mad at someone as perfect as Liam Payne? Impossible. He was a cure for cancer, better than a smile... Watching him amble through my room with his cheeks slightly flushed and his chocolate brown eyes oozing and thick was just enough to make my heart melt. Why did he have to be so... So... Beautiful? I know men aren't supposed to be, but he definitely was.

He didn't speak for a few minutes, neither of us did. He ran his right hand through his sandy brown hair a couple of times in that period, and took many deep breaths as if he needed to calm himself. His expression was hard to read, but somehow, he seemed... Nervous? Guilty?

"LiLi, what was wrong at the pizza place?" I whispered. I was sure that if he acted that way again, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from feeling like utter shit and probably end up doing something I won't regret, but Liam would. If he's still cared.

"Niall. I'm ruining you," Liam whispered.

"What?" I gasped. Ruining me? What the fuck did that mean?

I really hoped he wasn't saying what I really dreaded him to because I couldn't live through this. I don't have the strength to be alive without him, to breathe without knowing he's there for me through everything. I trust him with my life.

No.

He won't leave. He can't leave.

I snaked my fingers through his and flinched in pain when he rejected. He snapped his hand back, wide-eyed and angry. His copper brown eyes hardened and I knew now. I knew what he was trying to input. He didn't want me anymore. That's why he was so different at the pizza place with his friends, why he was so pissed.

"Li, don't," I murmured breathlessly. Why was I shaking? I was sweating but I was freezing. I was shaking while I was boiling. I didn't feel right and my stomach felt... Funny? "Oh, shi-"

But it was too late. I leaped out of bed and tried to sprint to the bathroom but didn't make it. Instead, I crouched down onto my baby blue bedroom carpet and vomited a pile of my stomach contents. Once I'd emptied everything, I was still dry heaving and clutching to my door whilst staring disgustingly at my own puke. What had happened?

"Niall, baby!" Liam cried, wrapping his arms safely around my waist, pulling me away from my sick. He managed to loosen my grip on the door and pull me back into my bed, yanking my covers over my body and burrito-ing me so only my head was popping out.

Liam lay there next to me,holding my hand under my duvet and smoothing down my blonde hair. I was still in shock though. Why did I throw up? Was it the pizza? Possibly. I never eat that much so maybe my stomach just wasn't used to consuming that much food...

But I had to apologise. "Liam, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have-"

"Don't apologise," Liam spoke through his teeth. "If you don't want me to lose my temper, don't apologise. Just rest. You're fine. It was just the food. It was just the food. Don't. Shhh..."

But something was telling me it wasn't just the food, as Liam tried to convince me it was. I think it was the shock of imagining him leaving me and never coming back, me by myself again... Him not there to assure me my Dad is dead and isn't coming back to hurt me somehow. Him not there to warm my heart. Just generally him not there.

I gazed up at him. "Don't leave me, Liam. Please don't go. LiLi, I need you. Without you I'm nothing. You don't know what I'd do of you weren't there. Well, I suppose you do but..."

He didn't reply, we just lay there and stared into each other's eyes for a moment. I never really noticed just how beautiful his eyes were, all chocolatey and just perfect. I knew I shouldn't like him. I knew I shouldn't have feelings for him. But when his eyes dropped down to my lips, all of those feelings just came flooding in and this time, I just couldn't push them away.